Thursday, March 15, 2012

You can't out do His grace.

I know that a lot of us are going through season's in our lives where stuff feels too much..While I quote to myself that His mercies are new every morning, I have often complained that I got short changed on my daily amount..The Lord has just been reminding me gently about something He showed me a while back.

Last year when Luke and I were invited to spend some time with his family and their ministry board at a lake house one weekend, we readily took them up on it. It was spring and pollen was everywhere. On the last day that we were there, we all went and sat outside on a big deck and worshiped together. Our wonderful host was apologetic that she had just wiped all the surfaces down out there but it didn't seem to help as the pollen just kept coming. While worshiping, it became so obvious..The Lord was clearly revealing Himself in the pollen. I was looking up and watching the trees, sometimes the pollen was just somehow there on the surfaces and you never saw it land there, other times a big gust of wind would blow and you would see this huge cloud of pollen burst forth from the tree and blow around.

He reminded me then, and now that just when I think I've gotten rid of/wiped it away, or used up all the grace He has provided me, there is ALWAYS more, and its pointless to even try to use it up so to speak. I can't...Sometimes its there, and we didn't see it show up..sometimes we get huge gusts of it and its more noticeable..but it is there all the same.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me,
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 

 

3 comments:

Lydia said...

This was lovely. What a great reminder!

The Nealey's said...

I don't think I will ever see pollin in the same way again, instead of annoying, it will constantly remind me of God's grace and Love.. So beautiful!

Rachel said...

Thanks for reading! Congrats on the new one to come and I am glad you are getting close to the safe zone! I know bedrest can be challenging. Hang in there! Your children are beautiful!