Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy November!

Its my 200th post today...pretty big milestone and yet I feel most of my updating is so mundane..haha..Oh well.

Yesterday we decided to go to Sonic. They were doing 50cent corn dogs..so we ate SUPER cheap..plus they handed out free ice cream to the kids. Got a ink cartridge from Wal-mart(who else has to buy ink ALL the time??) and headed home. We actually bought candy this year to hand out(we've usually not been around during trick or treating hours so its never been an issue) and had a few group of kids come...although not that many...so we'll have candy to ration out for a while. Tomorrow I plan on hitting up either Target or Wal-mart for clearance costumes...we've personally never done trick or treating but the kids are old enough this year to at least want costumes even if they are just for dress up.. Luke and I are having to reevaluate where we stand on Halloween...but that's a bucket of worms I won't open. Figured I could probably get some super cheap ones tomorrow..so we'll probably head out and see what we can get for under 20 bucks..:)

I've been doing Swagbucks for a while now and have been saving all my dollars for gift cards to Amazon for our big gift to ourselves for Christmas this year. Its releasing before then though and Luke's not into putting it in a closet for over a month...so we'll just get our gift a little earlier this year..But we preordered the Kinect for Xbox360. We already have the system, just not the Kinect part...looking forward to enjoying it. Thanks Swagbucks for basically paying for our gift. :) Though I will continue to keep Swagbucks-ing to maybe earn a few more extra cards before Christmas...Sure helps when our budget is as low as it is.

Speaking of budget..(like the segway there?) Luke and my Dad(who have been working together) have a few jobs lined up for a couple weeks. This is SUCH a blessing..in the line of work they're doing right now work can be plentiful or non-existent...so we prefer the former. :) God is good and SO faithful even when I doubt...

Olivia lost her first tooth this past week! It was lose for over a month and I thought that tooth would never come out. But it finally did and she looks so darn cute with a tiny gap...now if the other lose one would come out and she'll have a much bigger whole. We're doing the tooth fairy gig, but Olivia knows its us so I don't feel bad. She gets that its us that exchanges the tooth for the money. This was how it was for me growing up and it was still just as fun. I used to make it as hard as I could for my parents to make the exchange to challenge them...Hoping Olivia doesn't follow suit and makes it easy for me. Though you reap what you sow..haha..

Luke's going to be doing some work this week in another city...sometimes he'll drive but he may be away a few nights just depending on his schedule. I HATE when he's gone but I know him having work and getting stuff done is more important in the long run.

May November be a blessed month for all of us!

0 comments: