I try to stay positive..I'm naturally kind of a pessimist, but I know God is good and I try to remember that He gets final say and not the rest of the world. Having said that....I would say that for much of this January, Luke hasn't been able to work due to different circumstances. It sucks..When you're self employed you have to work when there is work because you never know when there won't be. Today is Sat, and Luke is out working...which is great, but it still feels weird not having him here on a day that is designed for chilling, and when everyone around you has the day off. It also sucks because we haven't been able to get out of our driveway till just yesterday due to all the snow and ice that was on our road(its almost all cleared up now thankfully), so I haven't been out of the house really in a long time because before the snowcalypse we were sick with a cold, and then managed to pick up pink eye and I am a firm believer in keeping germs to yourself, so we stayed home. I missed our church meeting, the sister's group meeting got moved...so needless to say I'm feeling high strung and having a hard time dealing with just even the day to day stuff.
Then we can throw in the fact that Luke not working for almost 2 weeks,which means NO money coming in for 2 weeks. We live literally from one job to the next and so its not like we have stores of money we can use for times like this...its SO amazing how much a lack of money can effect your life, or least your view on life. It also sucks, because there isn't much I can do to help the situation out, and to be honest I feel guilty about it. I know I shouldn't and Luke has told me many many times that I'm doing what's best for all of us by just caring for kids/house and schooling them...but still.
To top things off, I hate being a charity case. I know that we've paid for stuff for friends and family lots, but there is just something so humbling and hard about being on the other side of that scenario. I never want people to think that when I share how our life is going that we are expecting or looking for people to take care of us. We know that's God's business to provide for us..and we know sometimes He does it through the Body but still, and its not like we mind people loving on us that way, its just hard cause I don't want people to feel that they HAVE to..ya know? I can't even count the number of times I've asked the Lord.."Can we please be done with this experience....?"...
Anyways, I'm off my soapbox now and done venting.
Luke is considering going back to school to learn a new job not in his field of expertise. Still praying about it and which avenue he should go and we've also been in contact with some people at our local hospital and seeing if they will pay for him to go to school while he works there...interested to see how it all turns out.
Saturday, January 15, 2011
No paid vacation/pity party.
Posted by Fletchymama at 12:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I could seriously write this post myself. And it honestly feels like I have before. Josh is out working right now, and will probably be working tomorrow as well. And as much as I want to be thankful for the work, it really does stink not having him around.
But I know that this time will evenutally pass, and yours will too! And one day we will have our husbands back, and we won't be worried about how to pay the next bill.
Praying you get some peace and Luke gets some answers!
Post a Comment