Thursday, February 3, 2011

Moments

Luke stays up with me to watch Teen Mom 2..I don't feel well and I'm not ready for bed and he humors me. We watch, huddled together in front of my Dad's laptop at a kitchen table in a very retro room in which the fridge looks like a upper cabinets. Literally.

The house is quiet while my parents and our children are asleep and in their beds, we brush our teeth in familiar comfort with each other and walk down the hall to the room we are sleeping in and try our best to sneak into the room like teenagers afraid to be caught by parents, only our "parent" is a sleeping 18 month old in a pack-n-play by the bed...we squeeze together in the double bed and stifle back outrageous laughter as Kate lets a toot go in her sleep.

As Luke quickly falls asleep after a long day of working hard for our family, I contemplate how in the world I got so blessed to have each one of them in my life.

0 comments: