"We hear a Christian assure someone that he will 'pray over' his problem, knowing full well that he intends to use prayer as a substitute for service. It is much easier to pray that a poor friend's needs may be supplied than to supply them."
A.W. Tozer, Of God and Men.
We have been so blessed to be part of His body that are SUCH wonderful examples of Christ in action.
When Luke and I were in Stone Mountain, we had a couple occasions where people blessed our socks off, but we seriously have been so immensely blessed by where we are living and those we know here. There were weeks we didn't know how we'd buy groceries, or pay a bill...and even without asking someone would give us money, and I don't mean $10..haha(which is a blessing too though!)..or provide a meal for us, or gave us a bunch of clothes that made it where I didn't have to buy any. That quote isn't to say that praying for other's needs are silly or that your heart is in the wrong by praying for them, but its basically saying, sometimes you have to put that to motion. The Lord provides through His body over and over again, we see it all through the Bible. This quote challenged Luke and I, we may not have much, but even a little something here and there will bless someone more then we could ever know. We look forward to the day when we can give more...not out of duty or what not, but because we know what its like to be on the receiving end and its such an amazing blessing.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Meeting needs.
Posted by Fletchymama at 12:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
This is so true Kayla! Thanks for the "challange" so to say. Like you said, even if you may not have the money to help out I am sure there are other ways one can help or bless someone else. I often have to tell myself I have to be the first one to do something. I can't expect to just receive and never give.
Post a Comment