He's had a rough go of things. He's seen more Dr's and nurses then some of my kids combined. 2 visits to the pediatricians office in a month, 2 visits to the hospital for blood work and several conversations with his Ped and Midwife about his rapid breathing(which is slowing down, thank the Lord!).
We noticed he had thrush the other day and like most people sought out the most common treatment(which I was told would have been his Pediatricians recommendation had I called him.)...so for 3+ days my baby had a purple mouth due to Gentian Violet(it stains everything!). Well he was getting fussier and fussier during treatment. On Sunday morning I realized when I wiped Micah's mouth that there was blood on my rag and once the purple faded some over the course of the day, I realized his poor little mouth was covered in sores. I read that the Gentian Violet can do that in rare occasions. Sucks we were in the small minority that reacted to it. Thankfully it did its job and he doesn't have thrush anymore, but now we are having to treat the sores which is just by treating pain till they go away on their own. Its pitiful cause he doesn't want to nurse much cause it hurts and thus has been very crabby. After seeing our ped. yesterday I believe he is finally getting some relief. He slept 2- 4 hr. chunks last night, nursed well, and was content all morning(and by content, I mean he wasn't screaming while I was holding him.) and even let me finish breakfast while he sat in a bouncy seat which I haven't ever been able to to. Thankful the pain relief regimen is helping and he's feeling somewhat better.
Hoping we are on the up swing and that poor Micah won't have to worry about Dr's or anything else any time soon.
Good news is my baby is a few oz. shy of 13 lbs. and his Dr was pleased with how he looked and everything(despite the mouth stuff).
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Poor Micah..
Posted by Fletchymama at 11:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I'm glad to know the GV is what he would have recommended initially too. Makes me feel a little better!
Post a Comment