Saturday, January 9, 2010

I had a good night..

Yesterday I was feeling sort of depressed. It happens every now and then, and I rarely dwell in it as I know I have way too much to be thankful for to remotely complain about life, but I was having one of those days. So after Luke came home, I fed everyone and went out. Took my ipod and went to Panera Bread..like my favorite place to eat and sat...all by myself. It was like the first time I've ever eaten by myself out anywhere and I actually enjoyed myself. I sat and listened to some music, watched part of a movie, and took my sweet time eating. Then I went to Target to get a few things we needed...I ended up splurging on a new nursing tank for me(since they had a BLUE one!! and some new pajama pants...) and got stuff to make Luke a chocolate buttermilk sheet cake...something his Mom makes and he loves. Then Luke texted me and told me to get a movie while I was out, so I stopped and got "9"...it was such a blessed time while I was out. I pretty much NEVER go anywhere without at least one child and I personally don't count going to the grocery store by myself as relaxing..so this was so nice. No texts or calls from home, and when I got back all the kids were sleeping and in bed, so it was nice and quiet. Turns out Luke had a good time in worship and prayer while I was out so we were both happier people..I then made the cake.

Then we watched 9...it was crazy and weird and for some reason I thought it was a kid's movie..but I guess I can't just assume since its animated that it was a kids movie. But eating the cake while watching it was nice..haha...

By the way, NBC is talking about movie Jay Leno back to his original 11:30 time slot..and if they do I refuse to ever watch him again...I was SOO excited that Conan got moved up in time and I was actually able to watch him and I'll be soo upset if they move him back. There's no way they could get rid of him...but whatever. I'll be angry...just sayin'.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I completely understand! I have days like this too, and getting some time alone always helps. I'm glad you were able to get away and relax for a little while!

CheekyChicken said...

glad you had a good night out!! Sounds nice. =)

Missi
www.audacitermatris.com

fancyscrapper said...

Girl, you need time to yourself. It's true. I didn't realize this until after about 10 years of marriage. You have an awesome husband (like I do), and I am sure he is willing to make this time possible for you. Even once a month is great! Just for a few hours. Such a blessed few quiet hours! *sigh*