Friday, January 22, 2010

Nothing witty..

Sorry, I have no witty opening line or any terribly important to say, but I know stuffs happened since I last blogged so I figured it was time. :)

Went grocery shopping today and totally forgot all my WIC checks. Boo...so I got the stuff they don't cover, but it means another trip back to the grocery store this week...not so much fun.

This past week was fun! Josh and Stephanie came up last Friday to buy a truck and they stayed with us and we had so much fun. We ended up staying up late and chatting and around 1:00am we heard our neighbors dog barking, but it wasn't the normal barking it was the "I'm getting hurt" type..we ignored it for a while, but then went out and found that two GINORMOUS Rottweilers are dragging this poor dog around its back yard. Josh and Luke bravely went over to try and help(armed with fireplace tools..haha)but the owners were able to get the dog in right when they came over....thankfully. The dog is ok, though incredibly beat up. The dogs ended up getting signed over to the pound..odds are they'll probably be put to sleep..unless some random rehabilitator takes them in..but those odds are slim. Though I'm sad it happened, it allowed us to have an "in" with our neighbors whom we've not really ever spoken with till then..

Saturday night we went to see Avatar...our friends Kelly and Tyler watched our motly crew and we enjoyed the time out and some fellowship with them before they left for the evening. My Mom came up Monday and we really enjoyed having her up here for Monday and Tuesday before she headed to Erin's on Wednesday to spend some time with them, last night we all went to Taco Mac which I'd never been to before and it was pretty cool.

Middle of Feb..Luke and his Dad are going to Belize for some speaking/ministering time, its for a whole week. This will be the first time he's ever been away that long, and without the capability to text/call from his cell phone. We may be able to Skype, but you never know if there will be internet connections where they go. So it will be a long week for me for sure. I'm so thankful he's able to go...he's being blessed by not having to pay for anything, and its been over 6 1/2 years since he's been there, and he's pretty stoked about it all.

I think Kate's trying to cut all 4 top middle teeth...she's been grinding and chewing for about a week now and they are so close it almost looks like they are through already even though they aren't. Hoping they come out quickly poor thing..she hasn't been a happy camper unless I'm holding her and even though I REALLY love holding her(I know even more so now that she's my 3rd how quickly them letting you hold them goes), it is very tiring.

Anyways..I'm off to make Matza Ball soup..I haven't had it in a long time and I want it. :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

We had a good time too! I was wondering if anything further happened with those dogs. That's sad, but I guess it's better than them being loose again with your kids in the yard!

fancyscrapper said...

How well I remember the teeth-cutting times. Poor babies, they have a hard time of it. I'm so glad I don't remember it myself. Just hug them and hold them extra as you can. It's good to read your updates. Takes me back! It's precious and challenging all at once.