Wednesday, January 13, 2010

We need more movies..

I'm beyond tired of the kid movies we have. Between the car and the times they get to watch them at home, I'm tired of them!! I'm pretty sure if I watch Toy Story one more time I may actually scream at the t.v...haha..I try and DVR movies that come on if its one we don't have and suitable for the kids, but ones they can see don't come on super often. I guess I just need to Netflix a few good kid ones.

Luke and I watched Night at the Museum this week..it was great! We loved it..so funny and clean. A whole bunch of our movies are in a stand still with Netflix cause apparently they don't get as many Blu Rays in as they do DVD's, and Luke hates having a blu ray player and not getting to actually watch movies in that format..so we wait...tons good stuff on our list right now waiting for a copy to come our way.

Anyone have guilty pleasure shows? Mine's Secret Life of an American Teenager mostly, and then a few shows on E and DHC...I tend to DVR them so poor Lukey poo doesn't have to watch them with me..haha..he's not into cheesy reality or baby birthing shows.

So Luke's drawing up a kitchen for a lady here and Luke asked her what she planned on doing with her cabinets when she remodeled and said she was going to give them away!! Soooo, we told her WE wanted them. Same white color, but much much nicer then ours. This is awesome as it allows up to fix up the kitchen with no cost...However, I think Luke and I are going to re do the counters at the same time so we don't have to tear our kitchen up twice....but we're putting in concrete countertops so it shouldn't be expensive at all and it will sure look a lot nicer then my white counters.

I'm not looking forward to taxes this year. Most of our year was non taxed and when your living off of pretty much every penny earned, its hard to put away any for taxes...however, we made under the limit for Earned income and we have 3 kids this year, we we're hoping to still hopefully get some back and not have to pay this year. We did a calculator online and even without some deductions we know we can take its saying we'll get some back, but we'll see. I'm not counting on any money back till I know for sure.

We finished painting the guest room/Kate's room yesterday...It used to be Noah's room and it was BRIGHT blue, now 3 walls are plain khaki brown and one wall is a dark chocolate brown. She has THIS bedding and its soo cute. We used to have a burgandy duvet cover on the guest bed, but now I'm just going to leave it white. I'll take pictures as soon as we get all the bedding back on and the room back in order. :)

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Taxes, Taxes, Taxes...yuck. Nathan gets so much taken out of every check and every year we have to pay a few thousand! Sucks! This year we might actually get some back...part of me is excited because we don't have the money to pay and part of me is sad because I know how much less we have made this year and thats the only reason we get some back. But we are just thankful because it could be worse!