Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 3 of no hubby..

Thursday we all got up nice and early and got ready to go. I dropped the fellas off at the airport and managed to not sob on the way home Yay me....this is a pattern usually, so I was happy to accomplish this task. Kids took a nice long nap that day because they'd gotten up so early..Then my Dad came over and we had dinner together, went and got Krispy Kreme doughnuts and then I rented a movie to watch that night. Dad went home and I watched The Time Traveler's Wife. Note to self: Probably not a good idea to watch romatic flicks while husband is away. Sure makes it harder to not miss the guy. :) I liked the movie despite seeing more of Eric Bana's butt then I care to ever see. I was completely ok till it was time to go to bed...and then I realized that I have to my recollection never slept in a house where there was no at least someone my age or older with me. So sleeping by myself without someone else there was a complete first...I mean I've slept without Luke before but usually at my parents house and the such...so this was weird, and to be honest I didn't handle it well...This night ended in lots of prayer for Grace.

Friday was much better. I really felt God walking with me all day..we got up leisurely and enjoyed some lazy morning time...then Olivia and I decided we wanted Potstickers for dinner, but Publix and wal-mart both don't carry ground pork...whats up with that?! So we made the decision to run to the Farmer's Market and pick some up...of course we came back with fresh strawberries,chai tea, agave nectar, and some muffins as well. :) The kids took a nap while I watched some DVR'd shows, and while I finished the draft that Stephanie Meyer posted of her last book that goes in the Twilight series. Its just the first book but written from Edwards perspective instead of Bella's, for those of you who read the series. Sad, the draft stopped just before the meadow scene. Boo...you can find it on her main site if anyone wanted to read it. Then Olivia and I made dinner, the kids scarfed them down and then they all got baths....Then it was bedtime, I put them to bed a little late so they went to sleep pretty easily. I sat down with some leftover cobbler I had made and watched "Fame"...ah..I love musicals. I thought the movie was good....which prompted me to download a few songs from the movie today. I was able to go to bed without having any issues thankfully.

Today has started out ok, and hoping it continues to stay that way. I've even managed to keep a spotless kitchen while Luke's been away. Its amazing what having time in the evenings undistracted will do for a house. :) Erin and Wesley will be coming over tomorrow night for dinner, so that will help break up my weekend. Thinking I may venture out today to try and find a bath seat for Kate, I usually just get in the tub with them while I bath them, but it'd be nice to not have to hold her everytime they need a bath.

2 comments:

CheekyChicken said...

smart mamma! I hate when Daddy is away and the best way to cope always involves fun stuff for the kids, donuts, and cobbler! ;)

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you're filling your time well! Snd eating lots of yummy food! Between your status and your blog, you're really making me want doughnuts!