Friday, February 26, 2010

New Floors..

Today we ripped up some SUPER nasty carpet, all the padding, got rid of all the tacking, then I pulled up a section of our entry way that is hard wood that was glued down...I am quite proud that I managed to get it up almost entirely by myself. (Luke got a small section by the front door where I couldn't wiggle the hammer in just right to get the planks up.). Luke's been working his butt off and laying the new flooring. Its going to be in my dining room, entry way and kitchen...but we haven't gotten to the kitchen yet.


This is looking into the dining room. Sure, the carpet sorta looks nice..but its SO not.


Looking into the entry way. We wouldn't normally rip up wood flooring, but it was a fairly small section and it didn't go with the new flooring...so its out. There is no other patches of wood in our house. Go figure.


Yes, that is a nice sized crack on our foundation. Ugh.




Luke working on the floors and shows some progress. He's made more,but I didn't feel a minute by minute picture update was needed. :)

3 comments:

The Nealey's said...

I bet it looks great. I feel you on the labor though. Imagine doing a whole house. So, glad that our remodeling is pretty much done, and I can do what I love to do, decorate, not tear down tile or walls.

CheekyChicken said...

So funny that that one little area was all that was wood before. LOL. Those floors look nice. Knowing you, you are going to be sweeping a lot. LOL. I like that with our hardwoods, I can SEE all the dirt and then when I vacuum, I know it's all gone! But the bad part is the before I vacuum... seeing all the dirt and dust. LOL

Stephanie said...

That looks nice! I love the coloring of it, with all the knots! VERY pretty!