Its been a discouraging week. I'm getting the feeling that Noah won't pottytrain till he's in college. Lots of people have said that after 3 they usually just get it, but thats not super encouraging to me because well he's 3, and I'm sick of changing poopy diapers from him. TMI alert-- 'Specially since none of his are ever really solid..so its like changing a baby's diaper instead of just wiping remnants away.-- We've tried getting a little potty, a special seat that goes on the big potty, treats, bribes, heck we've even made a stink out of him NOT going...and we've praised his efforts like we're at the Superbowl cheering on our favorite team. Its discouraging only because Noah honestly doesn't seem to give a rip about him being dirty, He'll walk around with his pull up down to his knees until I change it...When I put underwear on him, he rarely has peepee accidents but refuses and throws tantrums to sit on the potty and I don't know if its just a battle of wills that needs to be dealt with or if he's afraid of it for some reason...and poops..well he's soo unpredictable about when he'll go I can't even plan for those. I get that boys are supposed to be harder to train, but gee...this is crazy. Maybe I'm just not being consistant enough, or giving him enough fluids that he has to go enough while training to reinforce things. Plus, he tends to pee or poop on his bed/carpet floor if I leave underwear on him for naps and bedtime so I end up having to put pull-ups back on him for those and I feel like thats undermining any progress we make during the day.
To top it off..Kate's not only teething, but I've realized my milk supply has taken an extreme nose dive...which has made for a super hungry baby...I used to be so judgemental about moms who had low milk supply thinking "just nurse your baby more often..you know, supply and demand"...but it isn't that easy...or at least it hasn't been for me. Its hard to watch your baby be extrememly fussy knowing she JUST nursed for a long time and is still not happy. Its hard when you end up having to nurse every hour willing your body to please produce something and its hard to try and find extra time and energy pumping between feedings when you've been feeding a baby all day and don't want to attach yourself to another sucking machine, and its hard knowing how easy it would be to give her a bottle and have her be full and happy(even though I'm so NOT pro formula). But she's not gaining weight and hasn't for like 2 months now, so I know she isn't getting enough caloric intake. Sooo...my mom is kindly helping with me some herbs and hopefully with all this extra nursing we can get the supply back up. We've also bumped her babyfood intake up as well and I'm offering her bits of fruits/veggies and pastas throughout the day...she's still nursing the same amount which is encouraging though...I was worried that by introducing more solids into her diet she wouldn't want to nurse anymore and I'd lose some of our nursing relationship..but apparently that isn't the case as she's just as much a booby baby as ever.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Oh my...
Posted by Fletchymama at 11:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment