Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Its begun...

I needed to do something that had a time limit to it, in terms of getting back into shape. But I wanted something achievable so that I wouldn't feel like a failure if I wasn't up to par by when I wanted to...so I signed up for a 5k yesterday..I'm really really excited about it but also totally feeling like I was out of my mind to even think of doing this. I'm doing it alone, which kind of sucks, but I really want to make a go of it. So I started training and I'm doing the Couch to 5k program which eases you into being able to run the entire 3.1 miles. Seeing as I can barely run a few minutes without wanting to puke my guts out this should be interesting...

Today I had a 5 minute warm up walk, then I alternated running 60 seconds and walking 90 seconds for 20 minutes followed by another 5 minute cool down walk. It sounded SO SO easy when I looked at the program but it seriously pushed me today. Tomorrow is a rest day, but Thursday will have the same workout. Hoping my muscles don't keel over and melt before then so it won't be even harder on Thursday. I'm trying to run in the mornings before it gets too warm...which means some mornings I will have to force myself to do it before Luke goes to do some work. Our neighborhood is really hilly though, so that really isn't cool, but I guess the route I'll be doing the 5k probably has hills and how better to train then personal experience. :)


My sister is practically due any day now. I'm soo excited. I can't wait to hold this sweet girl and just get to love her. All of my nephews live 4+ hours from us, so this will be a first to even have the ability to really even get to know her. I'll be so thankful when she's finished baking and I can get a chance to see her! :) I know I'll be waiting at the hospital for her to come out!

Noah's doing much better on potty training! He still is having poopy accidents but almost always stays dry during the day..we got a potty for his room thinking that would help if he needed to go first thing in the morning or during naptime but he's only gone in a couple times so not sure how helpful it really is. Oh well..

Anyways, my hubby is home for the morning and I'm going to spend time with him and make the most of it!

3 comments:

BParrish said...

Where did you find the instructions/schedule to go from couch to the 3K?

Alala said...

That's awesome about the 5k! I know you can do it. When is it?

Erin Fielding said...

You can do it! Which 5k did you sign up for and when is it? 3.1 miles is totally something you can achieve.

I'm just as ready as you to meet baby Fielding. I think she's done baking so I'm encouraging her to come out and meet everyone who is waiting for her ... :)