Monday, May 10, 2010

I can't fathom..

Life without my 3 children.

I can't fathom that even though pregnancy itself has been a literal pain for me, having never carried them, feeling them move, and giving birth to them.

I can't fathom what life with only 1 or 2 children would be like. Having a 3rd changed the world for us in terms of how we function as parents, but she's SUCH a joy to me and life without her wouldn't be as joyous.

I can't fathom being done having kids now. I'm 24, and though I already have 3, I cannot look at my children and imagine not having more of them.

I can't fathom functioning as a parent in life without the hope that is Christ...and being able to teach my children "in the way they should go, so that in the end they won't depart from it"...Sometimes this is a burdon, because we as parents shape how our children view God...but it is a blessing as well.

I can't fathom raising my kids without Luke. He is a help to me in SOO many ways and I'm so glad I have him to stand by me as we shepard our Children's heart's to the Lord.

3 comments:

The Nealey's said...

This answers many peoples questions of, "are you having more kids." haha! I actually was talking to someone the other day, and they asked me..I said I didn't know, but I was pretty sure down the road you would "pop out" another one :)

Fletchymama said...

Yeah, probably not any time super soon, but eventually. Its too early for me to say I'm done now...too many years of fertility left.

Stephanie said...

I know what you mean! People are always asking us, "how many kids do ya'll want?" And I just say one at a time. I don't want to limit God and miss out on the blessings He has in store for us with more children!