Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Something...

Something has been on my heart some recently..birth. No, I'm not pregnant that I know of, but it has been on my mind recently. I find you still process your children's birth long after they are born.

I am utterly convinced of the Lord's goodness in this area. Sad that I don't feel this way more in other areas but it's true. I know it sounds easy for me to say this when I haven't had any problems concerning my births but it's not. There is always a small freak out that happens midway through my pregnancy but I am quick to be reminded that He is so good. I understand that lots of people have had bad experiences and I am NOT saying that those who have issues didn't have enough faith or that the Lord didn't want them to have good births, so please don't think I'm trying to say that. I can only speak for myself and what I feel and know to personally be true.

The Lord has immensely blessed me with 3 wonderful and non-eventful births. I DO NOT take this for granted. There is nothing in my own power to make these births ok, God must receive the glory for this. He has been so faithful..

I hope to be able to raise Olivia and Kate(and any future daughters) that God knew them before the beginning of time, He knew who they would marry, when they would get pregnant, when they would give birth and who their children will be. He does not make mistakes and He is not surprised by anything. So they need not be concerned. He made their bodies to birth their babies. That He made them capable! I'm so happy that Olivia already is grasping this and believing birth is normal. Also that every horror birth story that I'm sure will be told to her doesn't matter. They don't need birth sugar coated, but they don't need to fear it. It can be wonderful and beautiful and amazingly empowering.

Off soap box.

1 comments:

BParrish said...

I know Olivia and Noah weren't actually "supposed" to be in the room when Kate was born, but I think the way things ended up so that they witnessed her birth was awesome. They saw their mother birth a 10 lb baby with relatively no effort or drama. They will carry that memory into adulthood!