My mom's birthday was this week and we went to lunch on Monday at a burger place with my sister and niece. It was fun and the kids did pretty good for it being so close to naptime. Its nice to get out and enjoy time with family when they are so close to us. I used to think an hour drive was so long, but now its nothing in comparison to how far we used to have to drive to see them!
Its been an interesting week. Luke's parents came up last Thursday, but I got a really bad stomach bug and didn't end up seeing them till Friday afternoon. We enjoyed their visit and time...Luke also got a call last week about a possible job opening. It wasn't in his field or line of work at all really so initially I wasn't too thrilled about it, but I knew at this time in our lives it wasn't about that anymore. Plus Luke has been saying he was open to stuff he wasn't trained in as long as it would pay enough. So on Monday he rode along with the owner of the company to do...well..stump grinding. Who knew there was such a market, but they say that they stay pretty darn busy. Pay wasn't ideal but there is room for growth and it would be steady as opposed to how we've been living the last 2 years. We haven't had a steady income in a long time...it will be nice knowing how much money we'll bring in each week and being able to plan accordingly. Luke was super excited about it all and after praying and talking we decided it was best. So he took it! I'm kind of naturally a realist, so I'm still not sure how I feel about it yet since he just started, but he's happy and thats what I'm going with for now. :) Don't get me wrong, I'm happy he has a job...FOR SURE, but it means a lot of change ups. Like he has to be at work at 6:30, so no more late nights like we are used to..that was hard even though I know it was selfish, and possible weekend working(though its optional and not required)...
Learning to live in the grace that He provides and remember that providing for our family is more important then an extra hour or two every evening..
Trying to decide what to do for Kate's 2nd birthday. I'm SO uncreative when it comes to birthday parties and now that we actually have kids and stuff around us, I feel so at a loss as to what to do. Idea's? Cheap ones? ;)
Running in a 5k on Saturday..! I'm excited and yet scared cause I've really slacked on training for it this time. I cannot run even a mile without stopping, so we'll see how this goes. I've already accepted that I won't beat my last time, so I'm more in it for the spirit of it then anything..plus I already paid for it. :)
Mother's day is coming up! Its always special getting to celebrate my Mother and Mother in law, but also getting to enjoy that privileged myself now..Looking forward to sleeping in and having a lazy day.
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
New time..
Posted by Fletchymama at 11:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment