Why does it feel like I blog all the time, when in reality I don't? Geez...sorry readers. It makes me sad when other bloggers take a hiatus because I enjoy reading them so much..so I apologize if anyone cared enough to miss me posting more often.
Got my camera working again! Hooray! Now I can actually take pictures again without using my iPod or phone. Its nice to have real pictures again and not fuzzy wanna-be's.
Luke's been working hard, I've been busy with doing things with the kids during summer break..(who said I only get another month with them before school starts up again? Life is moving too fast. I CANNOT believe I will have a 1st grader, a preschooler and an almost 2 1/2 year old by the time school starts. Its so bitter sweet. I LOVE watching them grow, learn, achieve, and gain independence that makes things somewhat easier on me and them, but its kind of sad knowing your babies are growing up. That they aren't babies anymore, that they need you a little less each day. The joys and sorrows of parenthood. I sure do love my little ones. They are pro's at pushing my buttons, but all in all, they are great kids and I could not be more thankful for them and God entrusting me with them.
We had a busy July 4th weekend. Friday I drove down to ATL to get to see my nephew's mother who lives out of town and was here for the afternoon on business. She's like a sister in law to me and I was so thankful to get to see her for a bit.
Luke worked Saturday, we hung out around the house on Sunday morning then had Church that afternoon, followed by me feeding a couple Brother's(one from here, the other 2 from Australia). They are looking for a more organic church style and came all this way to meet with our group and Gainesville, FL's group to experience some body life. They were such a blessing, it was a father and son, the father actually grew up in South Africa, and then moved to Australia when his son was 8...they have different accents which is interesting and we loved asking each other questions about life on another continent. After them talking about it for so long, Australia looks like a pretty decent place to live! ;) Set off a few bottle rockets and chatted for a while then called it a night.
Monday we got up and went to my parents house for lunch and hung with them and my sister/bro-in-law/niece for a bit then headed back to G-ville to grill out with some friends here, followed by setting off tons of fireworks...the kids had a blast(except Kate who screamed at every one till the last 10 minutes of them or so)...maybe next year won't be so scary for her..haha..
Getting to go to a conference in 9 days sans kiddo's thanks to Luke's parents...it will be so nice to get away and enjoy some adult and spiritually uplifting time with other believers. Can't wait!
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Has it really been over 2 weeks?
Posted by Fletchymama at 4:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment