Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pt. 2

So a few months later we re-approached the situation and we decided to talk. It was an awkward conversation that was frustrating since we knew we couldn't really date(and really didn't want to as we were looking for more of a courtship model) but weren't really in the place to anything else. A few months later Luke's parents made a Stateside visit when Luke's grandparents were in a very bad car accident. Leaving his grandmother in the hospital for a while with what was a broken neck. Luke had lunch with his parents expressing his interest in me and his consideration of me as a wife but wasn't sure just yet...they just said they trusted him and to continue praying about it. Luke and I spent time at the hospital with his grandmother and time at their house while his family was in town.

It was all during this time that the Lord very clearly let me know Luke was to be my husband. It sounded so cliche and I didn't want to be THAT girl, but its true. I just KNEW. But the Lord also clearly told me that HE would reveal that to Luke, and I was not to. For my 17th birthday, my friend Joel, Patti and Luke took me out to the Melting Pot. It was so much fun and was such a special night...

Couple months after I turned 17, Luke tells me that the Lord confirmed it for him and he got to talk to my Dad about pursuing me on a night in Tallahassee where my Dad's truck broke down and it was just them..haha.Of course my Dad said that was fine by him. Then Luke's family invited me to Belize right before Christmas of '02. I happily took my chance to spend more time with Luke and his family and decided to go. It was an AWESOME time. It was the official start of our relationship and it was like breathing after holding your breath for a while. Luke's parents released him to pursue me, and basically were like, why haven't you asked her to marry you yet?! :) I have nothing but fond memories of Belize. I got to hold hands for the first time there, I was introduced to the Fletcher's church as Luke's intended, Luke treated me like a princess(still does!) and delighted in showing me his jungle home. I also was given my first kiss on the cheek on this trip and it was so unexpected and sweet and meant so much after basically ignoring our feelings for so long. So glad God provided this time for us.

Hanging out in Belize.
Our first official couple picture.
Going/coming back from one of the Falls there.
Luke, Me, and our friend Ian who came along as well.
A favorite picture of mine that Joel took while in Belize. Me to a T-Frizzy hair, silly facial expressions. :)
I came back a week before Luke did, this was one of the first meals we got to eat together when he got back. Its got a glich on the left side with another photo of Luke jumping off a cliff in Belize.

0 comments: