Thursday I have my first ultrasound. It was supposed to be 4 weeks ago but due to insurance red tape, we weren't able to. I was soo bummed, but at least I'll have a bigger baby to see instead of a blob. :) I'm thinking I'm further along then we thought, so I'm interested to see if thats true. We don't plan on finding out this time, and even though I know its early, we could tell with Noah at 14 weeks, and I'll be almost 13 according to my dating, and not an updated one, so I'm going to make sure the tech knows to NOT show me any goods shots, cause I've gotten pretty good at seeing that type of thing on the screen as ultrasounds kind of fascinate me. :)
This will be the first one I go to alone. Luke has always been with me but him getting off just doesn't work this time, so I'm going by myself. Its sad that I can't enjoy it, and usually we get a tape of it so he could watch, but I don't know how the new office is, so I guess I'll have to call and find out and see if they do anything besides snap shots. I also feel really blessed to have made it this far and NOT put on a single pound either. In fact, I've lost. I know I'll probably make up for it, but since I started out a little fluffier this time around, I'm trying to watch portion sizes and make heathier choices like fruits and the such when I am feeling munchy. Apparently its working. Hoping I can keep it up...I feel like I'm eating all the time, but I guess as long as its healthy we are just breaking even. :) Now that I'm kind of past the "worry" zone of before 12 weeks, I think I'll start walking/jogging(no running) on my treadmill again. I'm trying to get over the fact that I WILL indeed have to put on weight for a healthy baby, but I'd like to only put on what baby needs and not all the excess.
Had Erin and Wesley over on Sunday. It was so fun..we really love having them over and they seem to enjoy playing games with us which is nice since a lot of our other friends aren't as into games as we are.
Luke got a "new" boss this week. Its one he's had before as apparently his company likes to move management around..but he's really cool and much better then the last one, and doesn't really like working 9 hour days, so this week he's been on 8's. It makes the day so much easier knowing he'll be home at 4. We need to grocery shop tonight..I'm not looking forward to it. Usuall I don't mind, but today I don't feel like thinking out sales, menu's and what not..I try and be frugal now, but it takes brain power...and today I don't feel like I have any. I might be make lazy meals this week.
Tonight is my favorite t.v. night outside of Thursday which has The Office and Surviver: Gabon...but anyways..tonight is Biggest Loser(my faveeeee!!) and Fringe. A new weird sci-fi type show created by J.J. Abrams(the guy who does LOST). Its crazy and weird, and sometimes gory. But somehow I'm sucked in..its also really funny sometimes.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Ultrasound..and stuff.
Posted by Fletchymama at 2:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Hey Little Mama, I just found your mom on this which led me to you. I made the move over as well this past summer. I just had so many more people that I knew on here.
So glad that you are going for your ultrasound today and congrats on not gaining anything! I think I gained the majority of my weight in my first trimester. I was just sooo hungry.
Blessings to you!!!
Post a Comment