When I was a kid, I would ask for something and my mom would say "we don't have any money right now"..what parents hasn't said that?! And I'd say "well just write a check"..as if that was money and you could just order more when you ran out. Oh..if only I knew. Luke and I have had to cough up so much money recently for random stuff that I'm getting frustrated. God has NEVER failed us when it came to providing, but He's taught us that He likes to wait till the last minute when you are simply walking in faith for things to be paid. God is so good, and I am thankful every day that there is a roof over our head, and food on our table, and we are all wearing clothes...so what else do I need to worry about?
I am finally feeling better and I'm glad my body has resumed a more normal feeling now. Emotionally and spiritually I'm feeling puny though. I personally have felt the "desert" for a while now...however recently I've had a new wave of desire to want to whole heartedly seek Him, and am trying to go with it. I know that He promised if I sought Him, I'd find Him...so thats what I'm clinging to.
Liv's birthday was this past week(the 6th) and she's so happy to say she's finally 4, and is already moving on to asking when she'll turn 5. "Please slow down sweetie!"...When you have a toddler you feel like your still a young parent, and while I know we haven't parented older children and teens, there is something about having a 4 year old that makes me feel like I've been a parent forever. I honestly can barely remember what it was like before her..haha..She's been such an amazing joy and such a challange and I think thats what makes it all the sweeter to see her grow up. Luke and I still have much to learn on how to parent her, but I know God will help, and I can already see the strong, amazing, God filled woman she'll be. We had Erin and Wesley over to celebrate and got her pizza, and an actual birthday cake which she wanted. Her big thing though was at 4, she was allowed to have gum for the first time(within reason of course). We scared the crap out of her about swallowing it, so it has taken her a few days to get beyond chewing a piece for more then 30 seconds and wanting to spit it out..but she's coming around. She went from my 8 lbs. chubbo to my big girl...

I'm 19 weeks 3 days today. Still no weight gain, thank the Lord, however I can tell my body is about to kick it up a notch in trying to gain weight, because I went from craving apples and other healthy foods, to wanting potato chips and fruit leather...Baby has finally started moving enough where its feelable most of the time. My placenta is on the front wall of my uterus, so it kept me from feeling much till Baby was big enough to get around it...most of my movement is on the sides of my stomach...Luke was tested yesterday for him being a CF carrier..please be praying his comes back negative so we have nothing to worry about..I have an ultrasound on the 13th, and hopefully after that I won't have to go into the OB practice again. I'm really not liking them..
Watched "The Business of Being Born" again the other day..and even though I already wanted the homebirth, it reminded me all over again why I'm avoiding the hospital at all costs this time. Ugh...freakin' USA. If you haven't seen it...you need to. I think any woman of child bearing age should see it.
Anyways..thats my post for today. :)


2 comments:
So curious minds want to know...what are you doing differently in order to whole-heartedly seek the Lord? I always like to hear what others are doing in their pursuit of Him.
Oh my goodness! That picture just melts my heart all over again! I remeber everything about that day she was born (and I do mean everything haha!) She looked like a baby doll! Now look at her she is growing up to be such a beautiful young lady! You and Luke have done a great job :)
Post a Comment