Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Trying..

Lately it seems like I've been sucking at keeping up with the blog. Sorry..I actually really enjoy recording the day's events, but finding the time to do it is what's complicated.

Filed our taxes on Friday night..getting a fairly nice refund which will allow us to pay off our midwife and put a lot into savings. Now, if they'd just hurry and deposit it..:)

Our life hasn't had a whole ton going on recently, so there isn't tons to report. Last Saturday, we walked the mile track around our local park..we really love it and it was just cold and wet enough that no one was there and left us to walking it alone. We took pics, but I'm having a hard time getting my printer to read my memory card from the camera anymore and we have yet to replace the upload cable to the camera since it was chewed up by the detructive Rottweiler pup we had in June of 08. After the walk, we took Luke's car to the oil place. We are so much better at keeping my van in great condition, but his always seems to take a back seat and he REALLY needed to get it changed...turns out, we had to have the engine flushed while we were at it due to sludge..great. Ate Arby's while we waited, then headed to Target to get some jeans for me...they didn't have my size...darnet, but we did get bacon and tomatoes for part of lunch on Sunday and I splurged on a Chai Tea Latte at Starbucks..I headed home to get the kids a quick nap, and then I made dinner for some of our only friends up here who just had a baby...they ended up wanting us to just eat it with them, so that was nice to get to hang out at their house for a little bit and enjoy some good company...not to mention, who doesn't like holding a new baby?!

Sunday, Joel and Carol had a house showing, and so they headed our way to hang..we haven't hung out with them in a long time! Just goes to show you, you can live fairly close to someone and never see them..or at least, not often. They came, ate lunch and hung with us for a while before heading back home. Luke and I played cards and relaxed the evening away..it was a good weekend.

This week has been boring so far...nothing cool happening. Today, its windy...very windy and stormy feeling...I usually love days like this, but it sounds icky today, which always makes me nervous...not sure why.

Have an appointment with our midwife on Saturday...we are praying Luke doesn't have to work this weekend so he can make it without it having to be rescheduled. I always look forward to going and seeing her and thats how its supposed to be.

Anyways...thats it for right now..

1 comments:

BParrish said...

Tell Deborah I said hello. Did you download Skype yet?