Don't you hate when you cough and you don't ever feel like its doing anything? We managed to stay well all winter till about 4 days ago when Luke brought some sort of cold thing home with him from work. So we've all been snotty, minor sore throat, coughy bunch the last few days...my sinuses finally feel better, but now I feel wheezy and coughy and get into coughing spells which really hurt. ugh. I'll be glad when this is over...
23 weeks 1 day today..put on 3 lbs....not too bad for this stage in the game. Probably came from all the junk food binging I've been on recently. Not good...considering the High Fructose Corn Syrup issues and that mercury has been found in it....lovely. Had a midwife appointment today and it well considering how yucky we've all felt. My poor midwife has to sanitize all her toys now...measuring great on fundus for those of you who know what that means....and my baby is head down! :) Hoorah...! Now..baby just needs to stay that way. Did I mention, Livvy has now changed her opinion to wanting a sister and convinced thats what it is now? She for over 20 weeks said it was a boy..and I'm wondering if our visit to the Seibals and seeing a little baby sister changed her mind..haha..She's also calling the baby Winnie the Pooh since we won't tell her our name ideas.
Speaking of children...today was NOT a good children day. Sick kids never help my mood, but there is something about the kids that before lunch, they are just EXTREME mess makers..and I don't mean their toys..I mean like spilling things, dropping food..etc....I don't know how they can make so much mess when confined to only a few spaces. Today Olivia was supposed to be OUT of the kitchen and she wasn't and then loudly said "the trashcan fell over"...well normally we don't throw lots of real food in there because we use our disposal a lot, but I had thrown in some moldly strawberries last night and some leftover speghetti....and if anyone knows our dog, you know she has serious digestive issues when she consumes human food....so the rush is on whenever food is dropped to clean it up...well my preggo bodied self can only jump out of a chair so fast...all while telling Livvy to set the trashcan UPright and start cleaning it up while I came. Low and behold, she's just standing there when I walk in and watching the dog start to nibble on food!....and I mean all the stuff I threw away last night was on the kitchen floor....I still don't know why I let this kind of stuff get to me, but it made every ounce of patiance I have fly out the window this morning..and the only thing my brain could gather was to yell....let me tell you, it did NOT help the situation and probably stressed me out more by yelling then if I had just cleaned it up calmly...after a yelling fit, and a spanking which I'm not sure whether it was more for her, or me, I ended up apologizing for my nasty behaviour and that to be more careful next time. It was not a good day for me......and days like this make me see the real me so much more. I'm humbled...Lord help me!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Unproductive coughing...
Posted by Fletchymama at 6:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm sorry you haven't felt good. I've been sick with the same thing for about two weeks now..It's just now starting to go away, but the weather change isn't helping much. Cold then hot...How can you get mad at the sweet little thing? haha! I know it must be hard. I can't begin to imagine..I love reading about your good days and not so good days because then when I have kids I will think back and remember what you did :)
Love you and I love reading your blogs!
OH Kayla! I am so sorry. I hope things get better for you tomorrow.
Well, you already read about my bad day. At least yours happened in the privacy of your own home!
Pre lunchtime is a very stressful time, isn't it? My sweet Charis likes to sit on the counter and calmy watch me make stuff, but the other two are so rowdy, and Ezra turns into an angry little man when he is hungry. LOL
Post a Comment