Monday, February 16, 2009

Last few days

The fam and I had a great weekend.. Saturday, we pretty much did nothing...it was so relaxing and was the first Sat. in a while we didn't have something planned(usually the planned things are of our choosing, but still.)..Sunday was busy, but oh so fun. We got up ate a lazy breakfast, then went to the mall. I was able to get a new shirt, 2 new maternity dresses I really need for all the special outings I have coming up, and a new pair of shoes..which ended up NOT being my friend. I tried to be different then my normal self..my friends would be proud and I got some shiny little ballet flats...by the end of the night I had sores on both my back ankles. arg...Maybe I just haven't broken them in enough..? I also managed to get Liv some summer sandles(1/2 off from Payless), and I found some little girl onsies I was wanting SOOO bad from Target, and had put off buying them thinking Luke would think I had lost it buying them when I didn't know we were having a girl or not..but by the time I went back to Target to get them, they were GONE...so I was sooo happy to find them at Kohls! Luke also got a jump drive he needed for some side jobs he's going to start doing for his old company. Apparently they fired the current engineer and really wanted Luke to do their drawings till they find someone else...At least its side income that can go into savings!! :)

(ETA: Saturday I was blessed with a SUPER generous gift from Luke..he gave me new maternity pj's that were much needed, some new purfume and lotion from B&BW's, and a shirt from Motherhood Maternity(unfortunately it wasn't my style, AND Luke took the tags off. so yeah..not too sure about that one)...but he scored major brownie points for trying....its hard for men to buy clothes!

Then Erin and Wesley came over and watched our kids so we could go out for our Valentines dinner..we've learned that its almost better to go the day before or after just because there is less crowds and waiting. We chose the Melting Pot this year..we haven't been there in over 2 years...so it was quite the treat. Luke suprised me with roses at dinner, and I thoroughly enjoyed EVERY SINGLE COURSE they brought me...my fave there is the steak...soo yummy..the valet guy even had our car running and warm when we left...so awesome.

I'm 25 weeks today! I'm so excited..it makes me feel like I'm just edging closer to be done. I am a lot more content to be pregnant this go around then I normally am at this point..I know I still have a ways to go, but even despite the issues I've had, I'm thankful that they aren't worse and baby is growing healthy and normal. I am soo looking forward to seeing who this baby is. I was trying to explain the feeling of just having had a baby to a friend and it left me soo almost speechless(which is hard for me! :) )....It truly is such an amazing feeling and one thats worth all the work to get there...and the idea of holding my little tiny bundle makes me so excited.

I've been selling a bunch of my cloth diapers and wool sets this week..things that I don't end up using as much as I thought, or don't work as well, or just don't fit anymore...I'm proud of the Paypal I've worked up and super excited to get to use the money to replenish Noah's "stash" with stuff that works for us better...Oh and Mom, be on the lookout for something coming to your house...even after I fixed the address on my account, it still accidentaly got mailed to you. Whoops...!

2 comments:

BParrish said...

Will do.

Jennifer said...

I'm proud of Luke! Nathan wouldn't dream of picking out a shirt for me! haha He buys me tshirts when he goes out of town some times, but not like an actual every day type shirt. I love the Melthing Pot. Of course the desserts are my favorite! You're right, that moment when your baby first comes out is an indescribeable, amazing feeling! When I say a baby being born on a movie or tv, I cry right when the baby pops out because I remember how it felt.