Not sure why it bothers people so much when woman at the end of pregnancy even remotely complain about being pregnant still. I am so thankful that I don't have problems that leave me in labor early, but when your body is gearing up at all times to give birth, it does get annoying trying to guess when the baby is coming, and my body HURTS..I can barely walk these days without pain. So, don't get me wrong, I realize without a shadow that the baby WILL come and that there is nothing I can do or say to hurry this along, but I can still be slightly disappointed that I am not holding my surprise baby yet.
My dad was up here for almost a week and we LOVED it. The poor guy worked all day with Luke and would come home only to entertain our kids pretty much till bedtime(his choice)..and we also took him to his first major league baseball game. He really liked it even though the game was uber boring till the very end when we(The Braves) finally scored a point to actually put anything up on the score board. But he liked the fireworks afterwards too..Not sure I want to brave the stadium again while pregnant though...yowsa was that a lot of walking/steps. But I'm glad he got to come visit and work...Also kind of bummed Baby didn't decide to come while he was here, he would have been a super big help with the kids, not to mention wonderful moral support.
Luke didn't work much this week, but is today. I feel like God's been blessing me with Luke having so much time off. While I still really want him to have a job, its been SOO amazing having him around to help me in these last weeks of my pregnancy. I don't know how I would have done it without him. Lots of contacts have popped up recently for him to get with about possible job openings..please pray for favor and the will of God to prevail in all of these situations.
Erin and Wesley came over on Memorial day and we grilled out. They brought everything we needed for a nice dinner over and very much blessed us. It was so good and we always love hanging out with them. I'm glad we have such great friends in our family..
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Nope, still pregnant.
Posted by Fletchymama at 8:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I totally can relate to you about the "people getting offended if you make ONE remark about being ready for you'r baby to come into the world!" I don't quite understand it, because any mother who has been in that situation should KNOW how anxious and exhausted you are at the end of the journey. Camden had my thinking NIGHTLY for over a week that EVERYDAY would be the day. Contractions would start, and be REGULAR and then BOOM sudden stop, and NOTHING until night came again! GRR I feel your pain Kayla!
I've never heard of anyone getting offended at a woman's complaining about being pregnant at the end! It's hard work, and the end is the hardest for a lot of women.
Maybe they are just trying to give you encouraging words in return for your complaints, and you are taking that as their being irritated with your complaining?
The only time I get irritated at the end is when others act like they are in a hurry for my baby to come out. Like when they say they are praying I have it at 38 weeks or something. That's just absurd. I want to ask them to pray for a low birth weight baby for me while they are at it. GEEZ. LOL
You are doing great, and it will happen soon!! <3
Post a Comment