Our weekend went so fast. Luke worked all last week with Joel and is again this week, so the weekend went by like a light..I sure do miss him when he's gone. Today he had a hard time getting out of even our neighborhood cause some side walks had come apart and pieces of concrete were all over the road, and TONS of water. I told him to drive slow and watch for other drivers. All this rain also means we haven't gotten out much unfortunately..so the kids are going stir crazy.
I'm still sick over here...went in last week was diagnosed with Bronchitis and I'm still having a hard time breathing even though at least my coughing is being managed. Its mostly a spot in my back that hurts really bad when I take a deep breath. I am supposed to give it another week and if its not better, then I need to go in again and they will re-evaluate what to do next. I'd rather not have to go in since we don't have insurance for me anymore, so please pray things clear up this week! Noah's still coughing though not super often..but please pray he heals quickly too...we don't need more sickies here thats for sure.
We did however manage to go out on Sat. to a really big garage sale and got a few clothing items for Olivia and Noah..also Luke let them each pick a toy..they chose well and got the game Memory(Olivia's pick) and a 4 wooden puzzle set(Noah's pick) all of this for 13 dollars. Not too shabby. Our intention was to try and find a double stroller there, but they only had a few singles..so we went to Crib It which is a nice consignment here that kind of specializes in equipment and they had the stroller I wanted, but it wasn't priced down enough..so I've been watching Craigslist instead...e-mailed a lady who had the stroller I wanted but never got an e-mail back. Arg..if its sold, just tell me, or take your listing down! So I'm still on the market. We however sold our old lawn mower that was broken for 20 bucks yesterday so thats been put in an envelope to save to go towards the double stroller which we DESPERATELY need. I'm so tired of having to take 2 strollers every where.
Yesterday we seriously just chilled...did nothing. So nice...watched a movie though called Duplicity, which despite the implied sex scenes was a great movie! The story was great...Luke and I also hunkered down and finished Green by Ted Dekker...it was crazy and sooo thought prevoking on how the whole story comes together. Definitely a must read if you've read the other 3 books.
For all you mama's who read my site, a facebook friend gave me this link and now I'm seriously hooked checking it every day. Its called babysteals.com and they have a different product every day and are heavily discounted..like I got my nursing cover on there for 13ish dollars and they had Robeez the other day for 15! Every day its different..so check in often if you don't see one you can use. :) I've only bought from them once since I don't usually have the funds to shop all the time, but its good to check in incase something you actually need goes up for cheap!
Monday, September 21, 2009
Well..
Posted by Fletchymama at 12:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I love craigslist..however I have the same deal with people not e-mailing me back..I guess either they have already sold it or they want you to call. If you see a double stroller in valdosta or around this area let me knwo I could always pick it up for you :)
I'm thinking about reading those books.
I'm seriously addicted to that babysteals website! I always check it and scrapbooksteals every day!
Praying for ya'll's safety in all that flooding!
We miss youuuu! Hope you are feeling ALL better. I am finally regaining strength, but of course the dreaded cough remains. Lots of love to your sweet family.
Post a Comment