We have this bible called- The Jesus Story Book Bible(by Sally Lloyd-Jones)...I heard another mother say it was what she read her kids and upon looking at it bought it almost 2 years ago. We've read through it a couple times now and the kids still love it. However every time I read it with them I learn something new. Sometimes its nice having the Bible broken down and handed to you in a easy to understand way.
One of the things we heard a lot this past week while at the conference was the idea of John 5:39-40.
39-You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me,yet you refuse to come to me to have life.
The scriptures are meant to point back to Jesus....even the old testament. Upon returning and reading this I was reminded of the front cover of our children's bible. It says- Every Story whispers His name..and while reading the story of the ten commandments I came across this phrasing-
"God promises to always look after you," Moses said.
"Will you love Him and keep these rules?"
"We can do it! Yes! We promise!".
But they were wrong. They couldn't do it. No matter how hard they tried they could never keep God's rules all the time. God knew they couldn't. And He wanted them to know it, too. Only one Person could keep all the rules. And many years later God would send Him-to stand in their place and be perfect for them, because the rules couldn't save them. Only God could save them.
They were looking for a way to achieve right standing with God, a formula to abide by.
I have a hard time processing that God knew EVERYTHING before the beginning of time. He KNEW we would screw up, that sin would happen...and He's been trying for a very long time to get us to realize that WE CAN'T DO IT without Him...so thankful He hasn't given up on me. So thankful that at every look into my Bible I'm faced with Christ..and God's master plan to rescue His bride.
Friday, July 23, 2010
A child book I like...
Posted by Fletchymama at 3:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
thanks for the book tip! I've added it to my amazon wishlist to get for Zeke. I've been wanting a good bible for him. :-)
Post a Comment