Friday, July 30, 2010

Its amazing..

What you can accomplish when you set your mind to it.

The last 3 days I have done nothing almost except focus on a few things. We FINALLY decided to enroll Olivia in the k12 program through the State. Its like a homeschool/public school hybrid. They provide curriculum, materials and everything and I do the teaching. Some stuff is online and other stuff in done in books and I'm paired up with a teacher in my area that will help me along the way and it also provides extracurricular activies for her that are optional of course. We feel despite our efforts to get Olivia in a private school(which didn't work out due to class sizing) that perhaps we were supposed to have listened to our original leading and keep her home to educate. Which is partially why I went with the k12 option. I know its more involvement then I probably want, but it will give me lots of structure and accountability which I think I need to make sure she's getting all she needs. But to do all this enrolling I had to have several documents scanned and sent to them. 2 of which I had to go get! One being a vaccine waiver(we selectively vaccinate and also delay them) so we still had to have the waiver, and also she had to have documentation that she had a Ear, Eye and Dental exam(all of which she passed today!).

Had to sit at the bank to get the waiver notarized..had to sit at the heath department for the exam. Had to wait at the WIC office for a new folder since mine went missing...which they gave me a TON of vouchers for a random little farmer's market that they were having..which would have been fine but it was HOT, my kids needed to pee, and I had to use up ALL the vouchers today because they weren't coming back next week..so I had to take way more produce home then I know we can consume in the next 2 weeks even. I mean at least thats a good problem! :) Have I ever mentioned how SLOW the WIC and heath department are?? Its crazy! Simply a mad house in there...

I also went to lunch, and picked up Kate's raw milk from the farmer...I was in and out of the car and in offices for 5 hours today. It was hard..let me tell you. Taking 3 kids anywhere is difficult in my opinion but having them out that long adds to the drama.

However, I am so thankful to have it all done. All I have left to do now is mail off a copy of Kate's birth certificate, and proof of income(which I already have thankfully) to the Peachcare for Kids program and I'm all caught up.

I know most of you probably think this is all pretty normal stuff you have to deal with..but honestly its a struggle for me. I am a home body. I like things accomplished but hate when its a more then a once step process(like having to get all these papers). I know that I'm old enough to deal with all this, but there is something about having to face adult stuff that still makes me want to run and hide. I feel like I'm pretending to be grown up. I'm in denial about being an adult I think....Normally Luke helps me out and does a lot of this type of stuff, but I'm really trying to be better about it...so he only handled getting one of the documents I needed in the past couple days..thankful for the growing opportunity but also tired out from it all! :)

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm the same way Kayla! I'm such a hermit, and I never want to go anywhere. And I've been struggling with all the doctor's appointments I've had to go to recently. And the WIC office is a complete nightmare here too! Let me know how you like the K12 program for Olivia though. I'm very interested in that!