I would post today..:)
My house is messy, my children are on Grandparent detox, and my brain is overwhelmed by the information I am processing.
We had SUCH an amazing trip. Tuesday we got up and was ready to head out by 10:00 and managed to make it down to T'ville in pretty good time. Got our kids settled and exchanged cars since we took Luke's mother's car and we left the van for her to use. Then drove down to Jacksonville to spend the first day and a half with Tyler's parents at their house. Made it in time for dinner and enjoyed being welcomed and blessed by them. They made us feel soo at home and part of the family. Wednesday we hung out around the house in the morning and then went to lunch before heading out to the beach. The forcast was NOT good. Supposed thunderstorms ALL day. I was seriously broken up about it...we haven't seen the beach in 2 years and it was soo important to me to get to go...thankfully God gave us the most beautiful day ever. It was sunny and just slightly windy and the water was perfect in temperature. We spent the day there and then as we were headed back Tyler and Kelly's car broke down. We did manage to get home and ended up finding out it was their battery. Thursday morning Tyler's Dad took us out on the river in his boat and I skiied for the first time since having kids. I LOVED it..despite the fact that my entire body hurt due to not having done it in so long. We spent lunch with Tyler's grandma and then headed out to Orlando.
The conference we went to was Frank Viola's Organic church conference. We got to hear some AMAZING speakers and also got LOTS of time to spend with the body of believers gathered. I have to say one of the biggest things I enjoyed while there was getting a glimpse into what we(being Luke and I) are looking for. We met people we didn't know from Adam but treated us and loved on us like family. I have never met so many wonderful people and talked so deeply with people like that in I don't even know when. We met some families from GA that we'd love to hook up with hopefully even though they are a little ways away. I still don't have it all processed yet....I would imagine I haven't even begun to process it all...it challenged so many of my religeous views and its a lot of things I'm going to have to take to the Lord and allow Him to work it out in me. It made me so sad to leave come Sunday because we just enjoyed being with all these sweet people.
I was telling Kelly that its amazing how much ugly comes out when you spend so much time in close quarters with people. So thankful that Tyler and Kelly were so gracious in forgiving several outburts of nastiness from me...haha...I am NOT perfect to begin with..(big shocker!) and when you throw in being tired(lots of EARLY mornings and late nights), missing my kids, and having God do a lot of work in your heart all in a short amount of time it doesn't seem to help..haha..
Hope to eventually get to share a few things that I picked up that ministered to my heart in the next week or two, but bare with me as I get reaquainted with busy/childfilled life again. :)
Monday, July 19, 2010
I did say
Posted by Fletchymama at 6:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
love you kayla :) thankful to call you friend.
Post a Comment