Sunday, December 19, 2010

Oh you of little faith..

This week has been crazy and busy and emotionally overwhelming. As much as I want this change, its not always easy to make the step when the time comes. I'm so ready for our move to be over with and then done so I don't have to worry about it for a while. Last night was particularly rough..I'm having a really hard time letting go of having my usual ideal Christmas(with tree..), but also just all the chaos and having to sacrifice when it comes to housing.

As I was pouring out my emotions on my sweet loving husband, I was immediately reminded of when the disciples were out on the lake when suddenly a storm came up and they were scared and worried and afraid. They went to wake Jesus and he was so NOT concerned with the storm. He said "Oh you of little faith, why are you so afraid?"...but instead of getting on to them further, He rebuked the storm and it was completely calm. I feel like one of the disciples. I can see me there conferring with the others about whether we should wake Jesus..I can see the fear, I can hear them crying "Lord save us, we are going to drown"..and I can see their awe when the waters stilled and they said "Who is this man, that even the wind and the waves obey Him"..

My wind and waves may happen, but I'm so thankful for a Lord who rebukes the storms for me when I forget how to myself..

0 comments: