Monday, December 13, 2010

Weekend in Gainesville..

Some friends from Gainesville were going out of town this weekend and offered up their apartment for us to stay in for the weekend and we decided to take them up on it. It was pretty interesting trying to entertain the kids in a house that isn't necessarily super child friendly...but we made it work and only one minor mishap happened while there and so thankful our friends were gracious to us. We got to spend so much time with everyone and fellow-shipping with our fellow believers. Went to a fun ornament exchange party, enjoyed a couple dinners together and just interacting with each other throughout the couple days we were there.

Our meeting on Sunday was AWESOME. We were given assignments to do with a partner(I got one of the sweet older ladies in the group) and were given elements to have the Lord reveal how He was that element to us and what He wanted to say. Me and my partner got "Rest"...in the beginning I was totally intimidated by the project and kept thinking about all the ways I needed to present it just so to the group come Sunday, but by mid week I just got an awesome revelation about how WE are Christ's rest and several other things that are just too much to all type out on here...it was so awesome listening to what everyone else got and how the Lord spoke to them that week..I left so refreshed and encouraged and can't wait till next week!


We had a couple look at our house last week who really wanted it but then found out their lease wasn't up till February(wouldn't someone remember that??) and might like it then if its still available, but I'm hoping it won't be. We'll be showing it this evening to a lady who is pretty interested as well, so we shall see. Its going to take some drive for me to get everything unpacked, and spotlessly cleaned before 5 today when she comes though..we left our kitchen in quite a wreck and then just the usual unpacking mess that ensues. But it has showed me how much I can accomplish in a day if I set my mind to it! Only thing thats bothering me about having our house on the market is that I don't feel like I can decorate for Christmas. I want to give people the impression we are willing to leave quickly so I haven't put anything up yet..but I may soon if no one agrees to rent just yet. I can't fathom trying to do Christmas without at least SOME decorations. :)

1 comments:

Alala said...

We have our house on the market too. Our realtor told us that she has seen houses sell because of the Christmas decorations. So, we decided to decorate like we normally would and leave it all up to God!