We found renters a couple weeks ago and they needed to be in our house by the 27th...so we had to get real busy real fast. I barely had anything packed and had no boxes to even start with, but thankfully Publix supplied us with most of what we needed in terms of boxes. We also had to find a place to live! We thought there was soo much available till we started calling places..lots of the listings online were no longer available and some weren't vacant till January and so we were limited.We came up last Sunday and looked at a few houses we thought for sure would be great, and none worked out(one had a huge sink hole in the front yard, one was super small, and the other had a issue that we had a dog despite us telling them we had one the day before on the phone.) One house we ruled out because we couldn't get the owner to call us back, but after our meeting on Sunday our friend who happened to know the owner called him and he was at the house cleaning it up and we got to come and see it and its great! Though definitely smaller then our old house, it is just right for what we need right now and so we signed and moved in the following Wednesday.
Though Tuesday morning is when most of our stuff got moved since it was when a friend and my Dad could help the most..and I woke up having SUPER bad kidney pain and knew my body was trying to pass a stone. However by Wednesday I wasn't in pain really anymore..pretty sure I didn't pass the stone, which sucks cause it means its still there waiting to come out at some point, but I am thankful not to be in pain anymore.
A friend lent us a fake Christmas tree so we'd have one and we got all set up and had a great Christmas. It was lazy and wonderful...I REALLY missed seeing my family though. It was really weird cause this is the first Christmas ever I've not spent it at least in part with my family...but it would have been crazy to try and travel while having just moved and the such..so it all worked out and so glad I'll be able to see them this coming week for New Years since they are coming to me! :) I took 2 video's of them opening some gifts and then the camera got forgotten the rest of the morning, so I have none to share..sorry!
We also got snow 2 days in a row! It was so beautiful and we still have a snow man on our front lawn and a good bit on our back deck...enjoying the remnants!
Tomorrow Luke is working at a job here in Gainesville, so he won't have to drive over an hour to work..its so nice!
We let Olivia pick out a birthday cake today, she picked a Princess cake. Yeah you heard right..my little tom boy picked a Princess cake.Progress!!...Her birthday isn't far off and I can't believe she'll be 6! She hasn't had a real birthday party with friends in several years so we're going to do it up big this time. So excited that my Mom will be able to come this year! Hopefully we'll have a good turn out..



1 comments:
So happy you are all moved in. I'm not sure I could of done what you did, good job!
I wish I could come for Livvy's birthday. I can't believe she will be 6 years old! I love how she picked a princess cake, too cute!
Post a Comment