But I liked the Twilight movie. I debated for a long time whether or not to see it. My spirit is very sensitive to dark stuff/cult type things and I've walked out of movies/turned them off a few times because of this. I don't have a problem not seeing the end of the movie if it means protecting my spirit. However, as I sat there and watched and kept waiting for some dark moment to happen that would send me in disgust to turn it off, it never happened..and I actually LIKED the movie. It was kind of cheesy, but hey..it IS about vampires and I personally find it a bit cheesy of a topic. haha..not sure I wanted to wait till New Moon comes out to watch it to know what happens next, so I tried to check the book out..and I'm only like 60 something on the list of people waiting for a copy..and 99 for the third book. At this rate, I'll be able to see the movie first..haha..
And for those of you thinking, well you might as well read Harry Potter..I won't. Its hard to debate on a blog, but I personally am convicted about not reading/watching them.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Call me a heathen..
Posted by Fletchymama at 10:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I have never read the books, but I have seen the movie. I actually liked it too..I mean it wasn't the best movie ever made, but I didn't think it was that bad.
But then I read this article. I am ok with going against what other's say, and not believing everything I read, but this artical did open my eyes to somethings concerning these movies, and others.I will have to think/pray about seeing the next movie, It really depends on how you are convicted. BUt I probably won't ever read the books and allow myself to get that involved in the story.
Here's that article. It's by Leslie Ludy (Great author)
http://setapartgirl.com/article-JuneJuly-popculturesavvy-1playingwithdarkness.html
* MEANT TO SAY "Wasn't that bad."
I think these kinds of things definitely depend on the person. I mean, I don't consider you a heathen at all. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've read all the books. And I love them! I think they are just cute with like a weird fictional basis (vampires). But if anything bothers your spirit, then its definitely not good for you. Personally, I have a hard time with movies about killings/murder. I just can't watch them, or I think and dream about all kinds of evil stuff. So I've learned to stay away from those types of shows and movies.
This is my personal opinion...
I was introduced to the Twlight series about two months ago by a mtoher in my mommy group. I knew nothing about the books and she warned me when she handed the first one to me after I agreed to read her favorite book that it was about vampires. She is not the type to read stuff like that so I gave it a try. First one was good, second one was great, and they just got better! I read all four in 2 weeks and I'm a very slow reader. After reading them, I watched the first movie. It was ok, but not that great. So if you liked the movie, you would LOVE the books!! I know I sound like a nerd, but they really are so much better.
I do NOT get into things like Harry Potter and stuff. I think those things are demonic and real, however, there aren't vampires. Those are silly and make believe. And while I am not going to read any other vampire books, these weren't grusome or evil. A lot of it is a love story really.
I think sometimes "Christians" are too quick to jump to conclusions and read way too much into things. Not that it isn't needed at times. So each person needs to check their own spirit about things. Personally, I thought the Twilight series was great and I loved them. And I say, if you liked the movies, give the books a try!
HA HA ! I just added Twilight to my Netflix queue. LOL. It's way down the list, but I'll let you know after I watch it.
I struggled with Harry Potter as well, after having watched the first movie. I guess what bothered me was that it seems to be aimed more at children, and promotes witch craft, which is a very real thing. Vampires aren't real. I still wouldn't show vampire movies to my kids (duh), but that seems to be the big diff for me.
Post a Comment