I find myself blogging in my head at night...please tell me I'm not the only one?!
Anyways...So I'm on weightloss day 5...it hasn't been easy and even though I know I have cut back on a lot of calories, I know I could cut back more. I'm learning soo much about how I view food..I know that for me personally I use food as a destresser, or when I'm bored.. I "treat" myself to something because it was a rough day, reward myself with food if its been a great day, or simply eat because I'm bored/everyone else is eating. This has led to a very nasty cycle...one in which I'm having a hard time breaking..I live in a family where no one else needs to lose weight, so making myself miss out on what everyone else is eating is super hard to do...and I'm learning that there will ALWAYS be an excuse to eat....my deal is finding the will power to look that in the face and say no.
I may have mentioned this before, but I used to judge overweight people and think, if they don't want to be big anymore, DO SOMETHING about it...and while I still feel like if you want change, you have to change, I realize now that road isn't an easy one. When you spend years doing something, to have to stop all that is super hard. Scientist have shown that eating is often like a drug..it has a similiar effect, it makes us feel good, but also like a drug, your body gets used to what/how much you eat and needs you to up the anty so to speak and eat more to achieve the same effect..
I'm trying to change my view about eating..I know that healthy foods are good to eat and are fuel for my body, not for recreation, and that eating all that stuff thats bad for me is like taking one last hit of a drug..sure it might make the detox easier for a little bit, but it only prolongs the process. So I'm trying to stick to healthy snacks(which is where I think a lot of my calorie intake was coming in!)...
Anyways, sorry for the rambling long post...I figured it was probably more for me to just get out and type then for "teaching" sake...
Friday, April 9, 2010
A Journey all my own..
Posted by Fletchymama at 6:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I have these same issues! I definitely find myself eating just because I'm bored, and have even thought I needed something as a way to get through a bad day! These really are awful reasons to eat!
I've been dealing with this for a while, and God has really been teaching me about "self-control." A friend and I were talking about how it is one of the fruits of the spirit, and as christians we should be exhibiting it! God wants us to be able to control what we eat, and He'll give us more self-control if we ask!
Anyways, just wanted you to know you're not the only one. And I know you can do it!
I know how you feel!!! I may have just finished team lean, but now I'm at the hardest part. I stopped team lean and started eating. I am ashamed at how much I've eaten!! I am determined to go back to how I was during team lean, but I have nothing to push me to eat like I was. I am praying for the self-control thing also! It helps so much when you have a support team making sure you're doing good.
Oh...I blog in my head ALL the time.
i blog in my head at night!!
Post a Comment