Monday, April 12, 2010

Weigh in one..

I lost 2.5 lbs...not much and I see this more as a flucuation more then anything, but I'll take it if it actually is a true loss. I can tell things are getting better. I still have certain times of the day which I'm feeling super hungry...usually 3:30ish in the afternoon and then like 8-9pm...however the craving for food has diminished already even since a few days ago. I'm able to say no to eating at these times a lot better then I used to be. So I'm hoping my second week will be smoother....only thing I can't stop thinking about is a brownie for some reason..haha..

I'm also learning that I can eat LOTS of the good food for so much little of the higher calorie foods. Like last night I made a Voila meal..you know those freezer dealios? It had chicken, veggies and a sauce...it smelled and looked soo good, but instead I decided to cook a chicken breast for me(no oil, just no salt seasoning) and a couple cups of frozen veggies...to make my "sauce" I used one tablespoon of Ranch dressing. I could have done without the dressing, but since the veggies were like next to nothing calorie wise, I decided it was ok...it was filling and soo good.

I am also noticing my endurance picking up when it comes to running. I can now run when it tells me too without feeling like I'm going to die. Yesterday was the next week's start of a workout and I think I would have been able to do it easy had I done it on the treadmill but I decided to run at our park's mile track while the kids played with Luke at the playground....it was hilly and super hot, but I managed to do it. Did 2 miles in 30 minutes..which isn't too bad since 10 minutes of that is just warm up and cool down walking. Having some pain in one of my knees but other then that I'm really loving it. This is the first time I've stuck with something for any length of time, so I'm quite proud. :)

1 comments:

BParrish said...

I'm proud of you too! Wish I could have stuck it out but my chiro said even the Cto5K was too industrious for my old knees. Hoping to walk more and work up to the running thing.