Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I didn't..

Weigh in this week. I made lots of bad food choices last week and I was afraid to see the same number(or higher!) this week, so I bypassed it to maintain my sanity.. Back on track as far as eating goes this week, so hoping to have a loss by next week's weigh in.

Did something this week that I've never done probably in my life. I ran for 20 straight minutes. I had had self doubt ever since I knew thats what that day's work out had for me. After complaining and whining to Luke about how I couldn't do it, I got on the treadmill and just did it. There were moments that were super easy and moments where I thought my lungs would burst, but I kept at it. I knew that once I did it I would be soo proud of myself and I knew that if I even stepped off for a second that I would lose some of my confidence in myself...so thankful that Luke pushed me and that God gave me the determination I needed to do it. Been upping how long I'm running/walking too. Trying to do at least 3-4 miles per workout day and I'm aiming for 450-500 calories burned.

Our trampoline has had a busted mat on it for several months now and we've been meaning to replace it but since money hasn't been as bountiful these days, we put it off...well we decided to use my research study money to buy a new mat, but I decided to check on Craigslist first and found a trampoline that was bigger then our current one, had the nice enclosure on it, and had padding on the springs(something our other one didn't have!) for just a little over what a new mat would have cost us. My sweet Dad helped us pick it up that same day and the kids have been having a blast on it ever since. I love knowing they can't fall off of it and they literally can spend hours out there. Which is great for burning off all the energy that they seem to have. So thankful for such great weather for them to get out.

My garden is growing. I have TONS of buds on my tomato plants, lots of little strawberries popping out and my lettuce is taking off in height. Squash plant has doubled in size as well..I can't wait to start having some nice fresh from the garden produce.

Heading down to T'ville tomorrow to for a pick up from a doula friend who has an ample milk supply and has/is donating milk to me for Kate. The goal is to get her to 12 months on breastmilk and she's helping me accomplish that. I am SOO thankful to her..

1 comments:

Alala said...

Don't be too hard on yourself!! I know I've gained this week. You can do it. Just remember that you will feel better once you get to where you want tog o.

That's awesome about running for 20 min straight. (It's hard, I can hardly do it.) Doesn't it feel so good when you can reach a goal you set?