Saturday, September 11, 2010

This week has been busy busy!

Monday was of course Labor day. I don't recall really at all what we did that day. Sorry..it happens. :)

Tuesday Luke's brother and his wife came up to visit. I had a dentist appointment(filled 3 cavities, and I'm officially DONE with dental work unless we choose to put on 2 crowns at some point..which we will when money allows). Did school with Olivia, cleaned the house and welcomed our guests. We just hung out and grilled that night.

Wednesday we went to the Zoo. They'd never been to Zoo Atlanta and loved it and its always nice going with people who have never seen it. Plus we went during the week, which is something I don't think I've done when school has been in, so it was nice and calm and we got to see lots of animals that normally we would have passed up due to crowds. We went to California pizza that night and it was super yummo.

Thursday they headed home, and then Luke's parents came in to spend the evening with us. We really enjoyed getting to see so much of Luke's family this week. Luke's Dad had gotten some really good Braves tickets to the game that night and my Dad watched the kids so we could go sans kiddo's. It was great! I'd never sat that close in all the games we've been to, and we had valet parking in the lot RIGHT next to the field...I felt like a rich person for the night. :)




Friday they left and Luke worked, then that evening Luke went to another Braves game with Wesley(brother in law), Olivia, and another friend of the fellas. Noah, Kate and I went to Old Navy and clearenced shopped(not for long though, as it was closing and only got 2 shirts), then to Starbucks where I was hoping that with enough drink and snack they would eat quietly. Noah did...but Kate didn't want anything to do with sitting down after about 3 minutes...and Starbucks just isn't the place to let your kid cry while you ignore them..(hmm..IS there a place where this is OK?). So I ended up having to head back home, but at least with a pumpkin frappacino and a pumpkin cream cheese muffin in tow. Got back, loaded my kids into their beds and read my book(Pagan Christianity) for a little bit...Luke and Olivia got back and showed me all the pictures they'd taken. She was so cute with her little backpack and showing me that they'd handed out Silly Banz type bracelets in Braves symbols.



Today, Luke is working. It sucks..I won't lie...but they had to due to this was when they could get a piece of equipment they needed for the job they are working on. Hoping our evening will be nice and calm. Tomorrow we're having a big dinner with our Church body and I'm looking forward to it! :)

0 comments: