Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas needs to find me..

Its not feeling festive enough around here. I'm so excited about getting a tree, and even though it will be enjoyable to keep up the tradition and get the kids in on it, it will be so weird to go without my parents this year. We've done our trees together every year...so this will be sad. Mom, Dad..wanna come up next weekend to buy a tree?? :) I only have one box of Christmas decorations. But its just enough to add touches throughout the house...I need more, but all in good timing. The tree is really my happy place around Christmas...Tonight as I write I'm sitting listening to Micheal Buble sing "I'll be Home for Christmas"...thanks to Pandora Radio...who knew that I could actually choose what I want to hear on the radio?! :)

Had my first homebirth midwife meeting today. I got to know her through Carol's birth and really really liked her. Seeing as I didn't think Mom would make it in time, I decided to go with someone here. I loved that she's flexible and is allowing us to see her when Luke's able to come..SOOO stinkin nice to have help with the kids even though they play with her toys most of the time. Puts me more at ease with the hubs there..plus she only lives like 15 minutes from us..so thats so much nicer then driving the 30+ for most other places.

So my OB office calls me yesterday and says that one of my genetic tests came back as a positive for me being a Cystic Fibrosis carrier. Not sure where the heck that came from since its NOT an issue in our family for a long long ways back. Anyways, since I wasn't tested with my prior pregnancies and both my kids are totally a.ok. I'm having them retest me to make sure its not an error...if its still positive, we'll have Luke tested to be sure he's not a carrier either. Be praying for a negative for me!! Appointment is in a couple weeks..

A couple more gifts down on the long list of them to buy....thankfully my in laws aren't hard people to buy for. Now on to my family..:)

1 comments:

BParrish said...

YES I'd love to be in on the tree cutting. I'm going to miss that the most this year too. Just won't be the same. More fun in numbers.