On so many accounts. :) My belly is growing...I feel like its as big as it can get! Its always so amazing how our bodies can accomodate a growing baby the way it does. 35 weeks today! 15 lbs. weight gain..not too shabby! :) I'm so close and yet wonder how long the next few weeks will feel.
My tomato plant already has flower buds on it! I thought I'd have to wait a while for produce but my plant may prove me wrong. :) I also have bigger and more leaves on my squash plant. My basil is about big enough to have to replant in a bigger pot and my parsley finally decided to sprout! Our neighbor's house has just been bricked on the front and there are lots of half/whole bricks just laying around,Luke is going to ask the builder today if we can go pick up the remnants they probably won't use so I can make another planter of a sort(thanks for the idea Missi!)...I'd love to plant more herbs and perhaps some yellow peppers.
My mother was here at our house Thursday, Friday and Sat...we really enjoyed her company. Made the most of it..went to the park, farmer's market..midwife appointment and she treated us to some fast food that we haven't had in a while. Had Erin and Wesley over for dinner on Friday evening and we enjoyed watching the Braves together. She took some good pictures of the kids too...Realized the other day I think I had enough groceries to make it the rest of the week...we ended up buying some bread and milk, but for the most part I don't think I'll have to grocery shop this week! Yay!!
We did make a run to the pet store yesterday to pick up toe nail clippers for the dog. Our last pair got accidentily thrown away and I tried to get new ones but they were too cheaply made that it actually made Lola's nails WORSE off...so we broke down and bought another pair of good ones. The kids always like looking at the random pets they have there anyways. Walked next door to Babies R Us...such a tempting store. Got a floating bath thermometer for the birth pool and a pack of kids metal forks. I am sooo throwing away some of the plastic ones I have that DON'T work.
Luke's working today with Joel..its been about 2 weeks since Joel's had work that could involve Luke and I got very used to have Luke around. While I am so glad he's got work for Luke and that he can earn some extra money this week, not having him here to help out and just keep me company feels so weird. This is the routine I've had for years, but its amazing what just having your spouse around for about 2 months will do for routine. Please continue to pray for job opportunities and supernatural provision. God's been soo good to us and we are soo thankful to have made it this far without some sort of crashing and burning. :) However, it seems the longer you go, the easier it is to doubt and start to fear our situation.
Speaking of doubt...we watched the movie Doubt the other day. Hmm...still not too sure about this one. Spoiler warning, it leaves you to come up with your own conclusions basically. I hate movies like this...while the story was done very well and the actors were great, I need movies with more closure. This didn't quite have it..and well..it frustrated me. :)
Monday, April 27, 2009
Growth..
Posted by Fletchymama at 11:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Glad you had fun while your mom was visiting. You are so close! I can hardly believe you are about to have a newborn in your house again. Yay Kayla!
Post a Comment