Friday, December 11, 2009

I just want to say Thanks!

To all the people who have prayed for my and my little mouth. Yesterday I went and had two molars removed. One I will not miss since its all the way in the back, but the other one is the second from the back and I can tell I'm going to miss that one when it comes to chewing. You thankfully can't see them missing which makes me feel less like a bum and more ok about myself, but I know we'll eventually replace it with an implant once we can drum up 3,500 for it. I was literally scared silly when I went in and was complaining to the dentist that I remembered a lot of me getting my wisdom teeth and how I remember the pulling, crunching of teeth and other horrible things I'd rather not think about(but just let you have a lovely mental picture)..and he assured me I wouldn't remember a thing..so I said ya right and we went about our business. I went in, sat down, they were talking to me about my kids and my birth choices while she was giving me my IV and nasal canula and the next thing I remember is completely being finished(iv taken out and all, with guaze already in my mouth) and being moved to the recovery room where they promptly got Luke and we sat and waited till I was able to walk a few steps before going home. Not one bit of pain so far, only that sore bruised up feeling...I am soo thankful that God allowed this to be such a positive experience after having had soooo many bad ones with dentists.

Today I have been so productive. I know in a prior post I wrote that Luke had ruined his jacked on accident, so we went and got him a new one today and thankfully found one on sale at Kohls, bought several more Christmas gifts, stocking holder for Kate's new stocking, a ginger bread house kit(its tradition ya'll!) and stuff to make chili after we decorate our Christmas tree tomorrow, which I am just so pumped about. We also got Noah's hair cut since he was about to be rocking a mullet and it was hanging over his ears. He just looks so stinkin adorable when he's got his little boy come over do.

I love getting our tree, but since we get a real one we try and wait till closer to Christmas so it doesn't die on us too early. haha..

May I just say how much I'm enjoying watching IHOP online? Luke and I have been getting our fill of Jesus every night watching the outpouring of the Spirit there. Its free right now for anyone interested in watching it themselves.
http://www.ihop.org/Publisher/Article.aspx?ID=1000060205

My hubby has been soo good to me...he always is, but he's been especially so recently. Keeping wood around so I can enjoy our fireplace, doing dishes without being asked, dealing with the kids almost every morning so I can sleep in, making me meals, and running errends I don't want to, plus lots of other things that would take too long to mention. He's such a great husband who works so hard for us and I love him more and more every single day.

Anyways, my pain meds are VERY much working right now so I appologize if there are lots of typos or stuff like that cause I'm pretty woozy from this stuff..haha...so I'm off to enjoy an evening with my family. :)

2 comments:

BParrish said...

I love that you are keeping the chili tradition after trimming the tree! Also, glad you are feeling better.

hgodwin said...

Crazy enough, I had the EXACT same experience. I had to have a wisdom tooth and the molar in fron of it removed when I was pregnant with Carson. The Wisdom tooth was quite impacted, and I had contracted an infection in both of the teeth, no choice but to remove it. UGHH but I was so thankful when it was all over with, I was in the worst pain of my life, woke up from surgery and felt SOO MUCH BETTER! Glad you did too! :-)