Its been so stinkin long since I've posted anything. Just been busy with the holiday season stuff...the last couple days have been nothing but cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundry, and lots of other things in between. We had our own personal Christmas this morning since it lets us have some intimate family time before heading off to celebrate with more family. The hit toys for Christmas were the Buzz and Woody dolls they got. Gee...if I had known those would be the ones that actually got played with I would have ONLY gotten those..haha..Luke was more then sweet to me and got me a new blender(I LOVE smoothies and mine died a while back and I've been missing it badly.), and also a iHome..so I can plug my ipod in anywhere in the house. I'd been wanting one for a while actually, since we don't have a way to listen to our ipod music except when its plugged in to the the computer and that really is defeating the purpose. :) I was blessed with many more thoughtful gifts(stationary, new Crocs, cookie sheets, calenders(yes, plural) haha, and my sweet hubby re sized my wedding ring so I could wear it again)...
We all had fun opening our gifts and then we piled into the car and headed to Nana and PopPop's house(my mom and Dad), enjoyed Christmas morning with them, and had Erin and Wesley come that night to do our gift exchange, next morning we all went to my grandmother's house and had a big lasagna lunch with my Mom's side of the family..it was SO good to see all my cousins and family. I really really love them and we always end up laughing and having a blast...then we headed over to the Parrish Grandparents and hung out with them a little...Ben and Raquel met up with us in Valdosta so outside of my brother Matt we were all together! I love when that happens.
We left today at 2:45 and made it back around 7:45...hitting some traffic along the way. I didn't manage to see any friends this trip down which kind of made me sad..we usually fit in at least one short visit if nothing else but to say hi and give hugs, but it just didn't work out. Luke's family was in Columbus this year as Mr. Dave(Luke's dad) had a job going there over Christmas. We really missed seeing them and it felt very weird not to be able to enjoy their company while we were down south. I'm happy to be home though....nothing like your own stuff. Plus Kate gave us a hard time sleeping down there and I'm ready to get her back on a more normal schedule with her own bed and familiar enviroment.
I've managed to contain some of the mess so far, but know the next couple of days I'm in for a good bit of clean up.
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Sorry!
Posted by Fletchymama at 2:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment