Thursday, December 31, 2009

I welcome 2010.

Don't get me wrong, there were LOTS of things about 2009 that were awesome. We saw the birth of our third child, met some awesome friends which can only be God due to how well we all fit together, and seen more of God's faithfulness then I have in a long time. But we also saw lots of hard times...when times looked bleak and when all that was left was Luke and I pouring our hearts out to God for SOMETHING to happen to our circumstances. I have learned so so much this past year. I've learned that I am nothing, absolutely nothing without God...its sad that our livelyhood had to be stripped from me to see my absolute dependence on Him, but its true. Its forced me to grow up more, its made Luke and I's relationship deeper and closer, and its made me take a step back and look at my walk with God...one in which I feel was way way to lax...but I'm taking certain measures to stop being so complasent.

Both Luke and I are looking forward to what God has in store for us this coming year. There is an expectancy for what we feel God is wanting to do, but we're also lost because we have no idea how it will all pan out.

I sought the Lord, and He heard me.
I sought the Lord, and He heard my cry.
I sought the Lord, and He heard me.
I sought the Lord, and He heard my cry.
And He answered me.

Though weeping endures for the night, Your joy comes in the morning.
Though sorrow may last for a time, Your joy comes in the morning.

Faithful, Your always faithful
True, Your always True.
You'll never leave me, Your always with me.
Your Good, Your good.

You bring Joy, You bring Joy, You bring Joy, You bring joy, You bring joy, You bring joy to my soul.

Cory Asbury-Always Faithful.

0 comments: