Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The day to day...

God's been doing a lot of work in my heart recently..God's been really convicting me about how I live my day to day with my children. I way too easily get caught up in survival mode and just go about what needs to be done and then check out at the end of the day because I'm spent..This hasn't made for a happy mama, wife, or children. I want my children to look back on their childhood and be thankful for all the fun times and all the memories I leave with them.

This has led me to try harder. MAKE time for each of my children, CREATE fun things to do and places to go..and allow them to just be children. Its tiring for a mama to have to do this day in and day out, so I'm not saying that you have to go to the zoo everyday and then do playdough and drawing for the next 4 hours..I just mean I know that my kids deserve all the wonders of childhood while they still can. Because its "but a vapor" and I know it doesn't last long..

Pretty sure that didn't make sense or come out like I wanted it to..haha..:) but I tried..

1 comments:

Me said...

A lady i talked to today has 7 kids and she said the best advice she ever got was to spend a few hours a day doing something w/the kids b/c thats what they will remember, not how clean the house is etc :O

made me feel better that it looked like my dryer barfed all over the living room and that i went to the zoo instead of cleaning today