I'm convinced my oldest daughter would be perfectly happy if I constantly played techno music in my house. She wants to hear people like Daft Punk, Toby Mac(the remixes not the basic songs) and Justin Timberlake remixes...while Noah on the other hand prefers Miley Cyrus/Taylor swift style music....weird. Its so funny to see them have a taste in music already..however both agree on the Veggie Tales album I play pretty frequently for them...
This weekend we were determined to have a lazy weekend..which started out great..Friday we went to a drive in movie with our friends Travis and Talitha. It would have been SOO much fun had the movie not started so late due to ya know having to wait on it being dark and all...haha..so the movie didn't start till 9:30 and between our 3 kids and their 4, it was all about just wrangling and keeping people quiet...wouldn't have been so bad if the movie could have started an hour or so earlier and not having had Kate with us. She was tired and we didn't bring her nightly bottle or blankie so she was having none of that going to bed stuff. We also saw The Karate Kid which was really good but probably not small children friendly..a little slow going for them. However Luke and I may go back sometime by ourselves. Its a nice cheaper way of seeing a movie. They let you bring in all the food and drinks you want and it was only 7 dollars per adult...hard to find these days when it comes to movies!
Saturday morning we all slept in..till 10:00, which is amazing. Then we all got our swim suits on and played outside. We filled up the little baby pool and played in that for a while then moved on to the sprinkler under the trampoline which is always my favorite. :) Played on that for a while then just put the sprinkler in the yard to water my garden and let them play in that for a while. We finally got around to eating lunch about 2:45 and we were all sunburned from all the time outside. Bad mom award moment inserted here. Poor kids...Then we just chilled the rest of the day, and watched a movie that night..everyone went to bed late but it was so much fun.
Saturday night around 2:00 Livvy got up to go to the bathroom which was unusual for her because she rarely ever gets up in the middle of the night, and I noted that it was really warm in the house but the upstairs kind of gets that way sometimes...then Olivia got up around 4:00 to go to the bathroom again..and I knew that wasn't normal...she wasn't sleeping well and neither was I...it was really muggy and ick then in our room so I asked Luke to go turn the air down(we've had it up a little higher for electric bill reasons) but when he went down to adjust it we realized it was not working...boo. This is like the 4th time its quit on us for various reasons. It wasn't anything Luke could fix in the middle of the night(though he tried)so we just went back to bed...unfortunately our ceiling fan in our room doesn't work so it was crazy hot..I ended up getting the little fan that I use on my treadmill out and using that just to have some "cool" air blowing on my arm at least...not a restful night to say the least but thankfully we were able to sleep in again.
Luke's Dad works in the AC business so someone from his company lovingly lent their time to come and see what the problem was while Mr. Dave drove up to help the guy...but they were able to figure out what happened before Mr. Dave got here. Apparently sometime on Friday evening Olivia stuck something in one of her outlets in her room(thankfully she wasn't hurt or any fires were started) but it blew one of the wires that effected the communications between the thermostat and the AC unit...so they were able to fix it pretty easily thankfully..It took all day for the house to cool off(it had gotten up to almost 90!) but I am SOO thankful to have it all fixed and feel SO amazingly blessed it was all done without money having to come out of our pocket. (I also went to a Mary Kay party with my Sista to a friend's house which was fun.)...had a nice cool salad for dinner and then watched a Poirot with Luke's daddy-o and went to bed.
Not sure I'm ready for the week to start yet again, but I'm trying to be happy and upbeat about it...thinking I'll put a movie on and fold some clothes. :)
Monday, June 28, 2010
Just random stuff..
Posted by Fletchymama at 10:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment