Thursday, June 24, 2010

I might gross you out...

But I just have to rave about this..when I started cloth diapering I saw this forum online that was part of diaperswappers.com and it was all about "Mama Cloth"..I remember thinking how it didn't seem to apply to a cloth diapering site so I didn't really look into for months but when I finally did I grossed myself out...these were woman using cloth PADS! I remember ranting to Luke about how gross and unsanitary it was and that these ladies must be hippies. :) The longer I cloth diapered the more I was curious about it. One day I decided to buy one just to see what all the rave was about. I have NEVER looked back since. I slowly built up a stash..right now I have 24 in varied absorbancies and styles(plus about 8 panty liners). Most are made up of bamboo velour tops or Minky(both SUPER soft) and are backed with a waterproof thin fleece so no leakies. :) 24 is enough for me to go 3-4 days without having to wash them and you probably wouldn't want to leave them beyond that anyways. I have a wet bag that is lined so no moisture gets out and all I do is slip it into the wet bag when I'm finished with it and then throw the bag and all its contents in the washing machine when I'm ready.

Most of my pads come from Homestead Emporium on Hyenacart.com-
Homestead Emporium Linky

But I also have a few from Ama'z Padz on Hyenacart.com too-
Ama'z Padz Linky

I really like both and can vouch for AMAZING customer service and quality. I have had to use a disposable product on a few occasions and once you've gone cloth its REALLY hard to go bad to papery plastic materials. I love knowing these are chemical free and work just as well..I love that I can reuse them and I never run out cause I can just wash the ones I have again.. Another bonus, I used to have REALLY really bad cramps and was usually pretty heavy, since switching to cloth I am having literally little to no cramping(more no cramping then having some) and my cycle is much much lighter. Tons of woman confirm this and its amazing.

Like I said earlier, I thought it was soo gross, but when I thought about it I was like if blood got on any other item of my clothing it would go in the washing machine, so why not pads...its no grosser and your pads get sparkly clean from a normal wash and are ready to go again...

Wet bag pic-


Shot of some of my pads..missing a few as I am currently using some..haha..-

2 comments:

BParrish said...

I love mine too and would never go back to disposables. The cloth are just too comfortable. The only problem I've ever had was going for a walk/jog with one on one morning and the shorts I had on were like the athletic type that are real loose? The snap on the bottom of the pad rubbed the skin completely off the inside of my thigh---ouch! But that hasn't happened since, I just have to be careful not to wear that pair of shorts with them.

Me said...

*like* lol
i havent jumped into them yet only b/c i have had so few periods in the last 5 yrs... guess kids and bfing will do that to ya.. anyways when i do start having more of them my paln is to get some and a cup of some sort too.