I wouldn't say our home had a schedule by ANY means. I try and keep myself and my children fairly flexible so that we can go and do without too many upsets, but there is a natural ebb and flow to our day that changes when we have been gone and out of a sort of routine.
We thoroughly enjoyed our amazingly relaxing trip to Lake Burton with all of Luke's immediate family(His 2 parents,3 brothers and 2 sisters, 3 sister in laws, plus 7 grandchildren), however it definitely threw us off a bit. Schooling was most of it. I'm required by the program we are using to complete assigned lessons for the day and to account for 4 1/2 hours of schooling each school day. We can usually finish the lessons pretty quick but then its up to me to be creative in figuring out what to do during the leftover time. We've been doing mostly starfall.com, pbs.com, or educational programming...but thats harder to do when you are at a lake and all your child wants to do is go play with her cousins..So that was interesting, but we got it done.
Yesterday we went and visited my Mom and the new house they are moving into. Even though she isn't up here permenantly yet due to finishing up some clients, it was nice getting to eat dinner over there and remember what's its like not to have to drive 4 hours to see family(outside of Erin and Wesley which is such a blessing to have them so close).
(We did healthy for dinner though..trying to get back to that after all our splurge meals at the Lake..we did baked Talapia, my cous cous confetti salad with Quinwa(sp?) instead of cous cous and steamed broccoli.)
Luke is back to work as of yesterday..they are starting to frame up on their project. Our unemployment runs out this week. I'm really sad and nervous because like I've said its kinda been our "at least we have this" type thing even if Luke wasn't able to work or draw from a job that week. So we are stepping into unknown territory and though I would like to say that I have absolute trust in God(which I should, cause its not like He's let me down..!) I am definitely doubting how it will all work out without that little extra every week. Specially since mortgage is coming up and thats a biggie. However Luke does have a potential job that we are REALLY hoping he gets. It would be something steady and that just would make me so happy to know he's have a regular steady job all the time. Pray God's will would be done.
I haven't had the funds to go grocery shopping yet since we've been back, but I'll update on menus when I finally do. :) Meanwhile, I'm staring at 2 jumbo suitcases that are still packed and needing to be unpacked..and 3 more lessons for Olivia to be done.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Thrown off "schedule"..
Posted by Fletchymama at 11:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment