Monday, October 11, 2010

Where we are.Part 1.

I haven't blogged really about this much because, well it can be offensive to some, and I never want to offend people(even though I'm SURE I do sometimes.)....but its me, its us, its what our lives are about and why we do what we do.

About 3 1/2 years ago Luke and I left our church in Thomasville. It wasn't because we were angry or upset or anything. It was actually very hard to do. We had both been a part of this church for basically our whole lives. Everyone we knew was from there, basically our entire life revolved around this church and the people in it. To an extent this is not solely a problem. However we felt a discontentment and felt the Lord drawing us away. Its hard to say you left a church without people wondering what all went down..but honestly we left because God told us to, not for any other reason.

As we sought out what God wanted for our lives over the following year we continued to fellowship with friends from the church just not at actual church meetings. It was during this time we knew God was calling us to Atlanta. The Lord worked out a job and we moved up in March of '08. We still didn't know what God wanted us here for exactly, but wanted to follow after Him no matter what. To help get plugged in we started going to a church here. Which has some of the sweetest people in it ever..but it just didn't feel like that was where we belonged. We were discouraged and spiritually fatigued from not having a group of believers to fellowship with.

We struggled through till we started meeting with some friends for some Wednesday night fellowship. Sometimes it was games, worship, sharing, or praying..and usually we ate together. However over the course of a few months we quickly realized that everyone was wanting different things out of the group. It didn't end badly but out of it we had met Tyler and Kelly who moved up for a job as well after they got married. Over the months of our group meeting we really came to love them and we had so much in common. So we decided that we would continue meeting as just the 4 of us until the Lord led us otherwise...

To Be Continued..

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I keep checking to see if part 2 is up. I'm curious. :)