Its getting to the place in our story that is just simply hard to tell over the Internet. Intonation is lost and interpretation can be confusing. So bear with me and again like I said last time, if you have any questions, please let me know. God has opened our eyes to how much bigger this journey is then which building we are attending to get our messages. Its also hard to say that we have gleaned so much from Frank Viola without sounding like a cult or some sort of following. Let me say that neither Luke or I think this man is flawless or that he is the end all-know all on home church's. Frank and other apostles like him are trying to imitate the New Testament model of what an apostle is supposed to be to the Church. So like apostles in the New Testament he helps start and or equip local bodies under the headship of Christ.
One of the fellas working with him regularly is a guy named Milt Rodriguez(his book-The Community Life of God )
His website-http://www.therebuilders.org/
He is currently in South Dakota working with a body of believers there and in Nov, will be headed to Gainesville, GA to help the group we've been meeting with. He'll be here for a few months to help equip us like Paul did in the New Testament then move on to another group that needs help getting established.
In the New Testament, every church without fail was either started or helped by an apostle. Frank really tries to teach the body to meet under the headship of Christ without the need for human control. I know, it goes against everything I’ve been taught, though when I look at the Bible, I can’t disagree with him. It’s a revolution to our thinking to say that we are able to come together without a pastor there to do church for us. Well, what is a pastor? What is his role in the church. And why is he almost completely missing in the New Testament writing? What would a church meeting without a pastor look like and would it even be biblical? These are questions we’ve been asking for a long time but are just now getting some answers to. Needless to say, God is challenging us in new ways every day.
There is probably may more that I could say, but honestly it would take way way too long and this is just a summary not a play by play of every feeling or experience we've had along the way. I just wanted to give a glimpse into where Luke and I are and what we've kind of gone through over these last couple years.
(BTW, all book titles are links to their books on Amazon if you are interested in obtaining any for yourselves.)
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Where we are. Part 3.
Posted by Fletchymama at 6:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment