Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm not as difficult as I let on..

So the pediatrician we originally saw to have Kate's PKU testing done is so not ok with me. The whole homebirth thing THREW her for a loop and she treated us like unknowledgable parents who were being difficult about stuff. No, we didn't do eye drops, no we didn't do Vit. K shot, no we DON'T want to start vaccinating my baby yet and yes we would have denied all this crap if we had given birth in the hospital..! Its a good thing I didn't tell her we co-sleep and let our babies sleep on their tummies. I probably would have gotten the third degree and the CPS called on me..arg. So we left them to find someone else...and we did thankfully. Some friends go to him and love him...he's an hour away from us, but I guess since we don't go unless sick, its not that big of a deal.

I really love co-sleeping. It works for us..I know its not for everyone, but I love hearing my baby breath at night, and snuggling up next to her as I nurse her back to sleep. I love that she sleeps soo much better this way and that I know transitioning her to a crib later will be easier(or at least it has been for my first two). I love that Luke loves having her there too, if he wasn't supportive it would be a lot harder to make the decision to have her there.

So I'm down here in T'ville. Its nice being in very familiar territory, but this is one of the first times I haven't felt like I was coming home. Thomasville will always be part of my home, I mean its where I grew up my entire life, but I know that my home is with my hubby, no matter where that is and its a nice feeling, because I know that I'm maturing enough to let go of what was...and embrace what is.
I'm loving seeing people I know! No matter where you go it seems like you see someone..haha..Tonight we are eating with Luke's parents. Its nice to be taken care of. My brother and sister in law are coming down next week for a bit, and I cannot wait to get to see them. I'm glad our time here will coincide with theirs..we don't get to see them much. And Alison, if your reading this...no pressure, but it sure would be nice for you to go just a wee bit early and have Logan so I can meet him while your here...haha..but no pressure. :)

Its also weird being here while Mom's not. She's in TX getting her the birth she needs to get certified and its strange walking around the house with her not here. Know that we miss you Mom just as much as you miss us. The house feels empty and weird without you, and I find it feels so weird taking on the wifey roll. We wish you were here but we're proud your accomplishing what you need to do.

2 comments:

BParrish said...

I had rather a rough day and that post meant a lot to me. I miss you all too!

Anonymous said...

Awww....you two are so sweet!

Thomasville is home to me too. I always see someone I know when I visit wherever I go there and I have been gone for quite a while.