Monday, October 12, 2009

And I'm back! -(Said in a SNL skit voice)

I had a great but tiring weekend! Friday I left my house around 10:00 and picked up a friend on the way down to T'ville, made it around 4:00 and then all my friends met up at 5:30, we all drove down to Tally and enjoyed dinner at Carrabas...my dinner happened to include a Miami vice..oh so yummy. Then we went to Starbucks and enjoyed some coffee...came back and just hung out and talked at my mom's house. It was a good time and I look forward to doing it again sometime soon.

Sat I had a slow start to the day, but just after lunch I went and hung out with Alison and Liam for a little bit, I hadn't gotten to meet my newest nephew yet and I enjoyed getting to hold the little sweetie. Then I went shirt shopping, then to a bridal shower, and then to my grandma's for a fish fry..it was a super long day and poor Kate never really got nap so she was one super cranky baby...thankfully she slept well that night.

Sunday my friend and I left after I had a nice lunch with my parents and sister & bro in law. Made good time on the way back and Kate slept almost the entire way, so no real stops for me to have to feed or anything...I was so happy to be back with my honey and my other children. There is something about going away that makes you so much more appreciative of what you left behind.

Today is rainy and ick and this type of weather makes me oh so sleepy...seems like a good day for a book, but I guess a magazine will suffice...not to mention the mail doesn't run today and I LOVE getting mail. So boo for a non mail running day.

1 comments:

BParrish said...

I SO enjoyed having you and Kate around, even if she wasn't up to her usual temperament! I just want her to know her Nana and remember me between visits, so it was nice for me to get to hold her and talk to her.