Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday, oh Monday..

We had a lot of fun this weekend. Saturday we just lounged around the house and did pretty much nothing. Luke let me sleep in, then brought me breakfast in bed, and then did the dishes and kept an eye out on the kids while I surfed the net for a few. It was so nice and made my day...Sunday we both slept in, not sure what made the kids sleep in/be quiet while up, but I wish they'd do it more often! Ate a late breakfast and then went to AutumnFest in Decatur with Tyler and Kelly and Tyler's parents. Then we decided to hit up Rita's cause everyone kept telling us how good it was, but we'd never been...it WAS yummy...and would highly recommend it. We tried going to the park but we couldn't find parking and decided it would probably be more fun to just head home and eat a early dinner. We had chicken-black bean-corn-and caramalized onion quesadilla's...Oh so good. Then watched Jim Gaffigan..that guy makes me laugh no matter how many times I've heard the jokes. Which then followed by card playing..yay for games!

I'm sad its Monday cause I know Luke has to go back to work, which I'm thankful he's got some right now..so no complaining on that end, but I sure do miss the fella when he's away. Its getting easier to accept that he's gone during the day for work, but I haven't fully gotten back into the swing of having him gone so much just yet..6-7 months of having him around almost all the time makes it hard for him to leave and it feel normal anymore. Can you believe its been 7 months since he's been laid off?! We sure can't, and we are sooo unbelievably thankful God's carried us financially this long without any complications. We believe He'll continue to do so...

Christmas isn't far away and the urge to start shopping for stuff is hitting me. I know this Christmas will be different in the sense of gifts, but part of why I love Christmas so much is an excuse to be able to get something for someone that you know they'll love and want, and it bothers me to think I may not be able to do that fully this year. Luke often tries to remind me that its not about the gifts, and I DO understand that, but its hard to stop doing what you've always done..ya know?

Anyways, I'm off to get ready to go to the library. I owe them like 3.15 for some late books..boo...but I have a book waiting for me and the kids are needing something "new" to read to keep their attentions during the day..haha..

0 comments: